“Very pleased with accommodations and excellent front desk service”

Days Inn Sheboygan/The Falls
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sheboygan Falls
Reviewed September 7, 2009

This is our third visit to this motel. The location is very handy for us. I was very impressed with one front desk person - she is CARA. She was friendly, informative, professional and bent over backwards to assist us. We asked for directions and she was very helpful. We left some items in our room and she found them and offered to send them to us. She was very pleasant and her manner made our stay in the motel a very enjoyable experience. We usually visit this area once a year and plan to return there next time.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Sheboygan/The Falls

Reviewed August 27, 2009

I travel often for business and typically stay in Sheboygan at a well known chain. They happened to be sold out so I found the DaysInn off HWY 23. I asked if they had a corporate rate and they offered me a rate of just under $60 bucks. I couldn't believe it. I have been paying over $100 for my Sheboygan stays. I expected the rooms to honestly be run down with that kind of price but was pleasantly surprised to have such a clean room and a nice desk to work on. All the staff that I encountered were professional and friendly. The breakfast they serve is really basic but for $60 I can't complain. I did however need to print something off from my email and the business center computer runs at a snails pace. The lady at the front desk did however let me print soothing off on her computer. I will definitely be back. It's well worth the money!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2009

I stayed at the Days Inn with my Husband August 20th and 21st. We were Greeted by a nice Young woman who was their new General Manager. She gave us a great rate and offered us a free upgrade!! The room was so nice. Although we didn't use the whirlpool in the room it made me feel special that I could if I wanted. I saw postings that the Hot tub was cold, but my Husband and I both used the pool and the hot tub and the teperature seemed to be right where it shoud be. I will definately come back when in the area as it was so pleasant and Cara really made us feel welcome. My only suggestion would be that they do a bit more with their breakfast as it is the bare minimum.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2009

The proprietor of the hotel was rude and seemed to view all guests as interference with his plan to cut as many costs as possible.

When we asked if the hot tub would ever have hot water (as opposed to barely lukewarm) he lied to us that it had just broken that day. In fact, the following 2 days when we checked, it was just as cold. He had no intention of heating the hot tub.

Aside from mediocre rooms the hotel did offer a nice continental breakfast. That said, the hotel is down wind from a pig farm, so the whole place smells quite bad, especially the dining room, where the windows were always left open.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2009

The motel was clean, secure, and the staff was friendly. While we didn't use the pool or hot tub, the stairs to our room were right there and everything looked nice.

The place backs up to a huge field (which is nice to look at, but beware of the 5:05am sunrise in the summer) so there is no noise or annoyances to speak of, even sleeping with the window open.

The only thing I'd note outside of the norm was that the breakfast (free) was a little underwhelming. You can make pancakes, have some concentrate OJ or apple juice, coffee and a bagel. Nothing really fantastic there.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2009

We stayed at the Days Inn Sheboygan Falls on Friday, March 13. We were a little nervous because the price was so low. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. It was not a 5 star hotel, but we just needed a place to sleep for the night. The room was pretty basic, but clean and comfortable. Yes, I did see a dead bug in the bathroom light fixture, but could probably find that in my own home. The man at the front desk was friendly yet quiet. We did not make it to the free breakfast but my daughter went down and came back with a bagel and cream cheese and glass of juice. The only complaint I would have is that the swimming pool was pretty cold, and the "hot tub" was more like a "warm tub" according to my 12 yr old. Overall, nice accomodations, excellent price, goods night sleep.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2008

I was very pleased when I was able to reserve 16 rooms for the out of town guests of my wedding. I was even more pleased when they offered us a group rate, a special price on the suite, and use of their meeting room for our rehearsal dinner the night before. Boy, was I mistaken...
Upon arriving to check in just before our rehearsal, we were informed that the suite was put in the name of our best man and his fiancee. Their room was in the name of our maid of honor, and we had no room in our name at all!
Luckily, we are all adults, and were able to work all that out among us. After our rehearsal was over, my bridesmaids and I stayed at the suite for the night, along with some of the out of towners. We wanted to spend some time in the hot tub to relax and have a little fun. Much to our amazement, there were several children in the pool, playing energetically after 11PM. Needless to say there wasn't much fun to be had with the running screaming splashing kids(where were their parents? probably enjoying their peace and quiet). Did I forget to mention that they lent out the cot they promised me, so my sister had to sleep on the floor? Waking early in the morning, we all took our showers and headed out to get our hair done. When we left, we informed the front desk that the gentlemen in the wedding were going to use the room to get ready after we left. They said ok, and that they would make sure to change the towels after they left. Also they offered me a bottle of wine and candles for the suite upon our return. Fast forward to after the reception. We returned to find our room in the same state he had left it, it hadn't even been cleaned after the ladies left it. Beds unmade, sopping wet towels on the floor, not a very romantic scene. Not to mention the promised bottle of wine gone unfulfilled.
We ended up going to the pool area for clean towels to shower with the next morning when we found no one at the desk. after it was all done, I had a conversation with a few of my guests, involving how a few of them had to double up on rooms, because these idiots had them double booked. Also having to dispute the credit card charges for the promised rooms that they didnt get. One group of girls told me how they sat on the floor with their bathing suit on, just to stand and find nail clippings on her behind!!! Another couple that got a reserved last minute room were shocked to discover staff coming in and out of their room with stacks of towels and linnens. Aparently it was a storage room.
Come on people get it together.
I know a bit of this sounded like I was expecting alot of them, but please don't promise me something and then not deliver. It is bad business, and it's tacky.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank nicoleypie
#7 of 11 in Sheboygan
Super 8 Sheboygan WI
Super 8 Sheboygan WI
#11 of 11 in Sheboygan
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel - Sheboygan

Been to Days Inn Sheboygan/The Falls? Share your experiences!