“Not as bad as I suspected but not very good”

Days Inn Sheboygan/The Falls
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sheboygan Falls
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had very low expectations when I arrived due to all the bad reviews. It was late, I needed a hotel for only one night, and I didn't want to drive any farther, so I stayed here. I didn't think the place was dirty overall, but it wasn't real clean either. It was just a low budget hotel. The towels were decent, but the handle for the toilet was broken and I had to put my hand in the water in the tank to flush it manually. I did tell the front desk and he offered to have it fixed right away, but I declined because I was about to check out. The refrigerator was super noisy when it kicked on, and that was very annoying because it kicked on a lot. The carpeting was dirty but it was from stains not because it wasn't vacuumed. The bed was fairly comfortable, and the sheets seemed clean, so I didn't have the same experience as some other guests. The breakfast was just a standard low budget hotel breakfast, so I wasn't all that surprised. The entire hotel definitely needs to be upgraded. Next time I will drive farther to go to a different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WindTraveler101
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Sheboygan/The Falls

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I'm a business traveler and stay at numerous hotels. This is one of the worst. Mold in the bathroom and carpets have not been cleaned in a long time. Company booked my stay so I couldn't move. No coffee for three days. Two containers of instant oatmeal, danish and watered down orange juice does not make a breakfast bar. My checkout billing was not available when I checked out. I was assured they would email the bill. They didn't. I had to call and have them fax the document.

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Blackweb50
Reviewed May 7, 2012

ANTS, ANTS, COBWEBS AND MORE ANTS.. and horrible service. This is what we had in our room. We returned to our room around 11pm and found several dozen ants crawling in the bathroom sink and on the wall. I notified the desk of the problem and was told by the manager on duty she would be willing to move us to another room, but it had only 1 bed (we wanted a room with 2 beds). I said we'll stay in the room but should not be charged for it. She said if we stay in the room she'll have to charge us full price or we could find another motel. Find another motel at 11PM on a Saturday? Hardly likely. She finally said she'll send someone down to spray where the ants are. That helped to get rid of them. The next day, however, there were several dozen ants in the bathtub and toilet. We talked to guests in 2 other rooms who also had ants in their room. There were also quite a few cobwebs on the ceiling. Very dirty place. Anyone who stays here be ready for a horrible experience!!!!!! The only positive part were the desk clerks - very friendly and personable.

Room Tip: Best tip is don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dale B
Reviewed February 12, 2012

This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Needs major renovation and not just cosmetic. Literally a hole in the ceiling from drywall falling down. presumably from the major mold problem easily seen. Fithy in supposed food area that I wouldn't let my dog eat from. Seems like a flop-house for transients and drug dealers. Did not feel safe.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank feeler695
daysfalls, General Manager at Days Inn Sheboygan/The Falls, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Dear Future Guests:

These comments do not belong to this hotel because we do not have any such issues . We have requested the management of Tripadvisor to look into it and they are working to resolve this issue.

In reality, we take great pride in Guest Service and Customer Satisfaction. . Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed their expectations to make their stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

We are proud of our team members, their friendliness and professionalism. We train our team members continuously and make sure they excel in our Service Promise training that focuses on Guest Service, Housekeeping and Cleanliness.

We have also expanded our breakfast to include hot items such as Waffles and fresh fruits.
We hope to be of service to you in the future. If I can provide any assistance, don not hesitate to contact me directly at 920 467 4314.

Dev Patel

Reviewed February 8, 2011

Was able to check in early, staying overnight because of snowstorm, and girl behind the desk was friendly and courteous. Everything was okay until check out. Although checking out at 4am was up earlier to check out the storm and road conditions. Girl was watching TV at the time, but when it came to checking out no one was around. Because of the storm I anticipated that they would have plows available to open up the drive but didn't. If it wasn't for a tow truck getting stuck coming in and calling a plow to clear a path for him, me and 2 other guests would have not gotten out until much later.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2010

DO NOT STAY HERE!! The type room reserved was not available at cheek in, the room assigned had bed bugs, we were moved to another room which also had bedbugs. My teenage son had over 30 bedbug bites on his body! The mattresses were deeply indented in the middle causing you to roll to the middle of the bed. We had one pillow that had bright yellow stains on it! The security camera upstairs was brocken. The key lock on the side entrance door was broken, this left the interior hallways open to anyone that wanted to walk in. The computer in the lobby worked but impossibly slow. The people that worked at the front desk were pleasant; however the manager only agreed to give us 2 nights credit on an 8 night stay with bed bugs all 8 nights. Fitness equipment out of order. DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank hhiislander
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I was alone at the hotel for 4 nights and 5days. My father was near death at Pine Haven nursing home. After experiencing higher rates and stinky pillows at La Quinta Inn Sheboygan, I asked to be accommodated at Days Inn. The general manager, Jeff Shafer (sp?) was amazing. He approved a "family emergency rate" in consideration of my situation. I asked for a room as "far away from the human race" as possible. I asked for a frig & microwave. The large frig was already in the room, and Jeff delivered a microwave immediately. He asked if there was anything else I wanted, and I told him hard boiled eggs in the breakfast room would be greatly appreciated in the morning as pancakes and cereal were not enough to keep me going throughout the day. He made sure eggs were available every day, even tho' he had the weekend off. The computer in the lobby was working, printer and all. All staff members responded to my requests promptly and graciously. They truly exhibited "midwest hospitality."
My room was filthy only because I believe it WAS far away from the human race (i.e. Quiet). There was dust and spider webs and all kinds of funky stuff along the exterior of the room from many, many years ago. Perhaps this was because my room had not yet had a "deep clean" since its former Pine Hurst Inn days. I strongly suggest a deep cleaning for all rooms become part of the renovation process. Once that is done, the Days Inn will be the "pearl" of Sheboygan/ Sheboygan Falls, a great value and location for the price. I believe the mattress was new, and the pillows divine. Thank you, Jeff, for ensuring a comfortable stay. I truly hope this hotel continues to meet Days Inn standards, and that Jeff will be recognized for making his hotel the star of the Sheboygan area.
My father passed away the day after I checked into the hotel. My privacy and access to a computer were essential, and both were recognized and respected. As I still have family (including a 94 year old aunt living in the area), I will return at least 3X in the next few years. I will only book with Days Inn as long as Jeff is in charge and the room has been deep-cleaned. Get rid of the funky stuff, and I'm a devoted customer. Already I have informed Pine Haven, Prairie Crossing, Wenig funeral home, along with my cousins and friends that the "new" Days Inn was a blessing. Word gets around in small towns....
Again, thank you for your exceptional staff; just housekeeping needs to improve.
See you in December, Jeff....Days Inn is lucky to have you...Sincerely, Janet Lammers

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
#7 of 11 in Sheboygan
Super 8 Sheboygan WI
Super 8 Sheboygan WI
#11 of 11 in Sheboygan
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel - Sheboygan

Been to Days Inn Sheboygan/The Falls? Share your experiences!