“Food not worth the cramped quarters.”
Review of The Duke Of Devon

The Duke Of Devon
Ranked #6 of 162 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sheboygan, WI
“Food not worth the cramped quarters.”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Perhaps visiting during the week would result in a different review, but since most choose to visit over the weekend, this is the reality: This is a small restaurant and gets extremely crowded on the weekends. There is almost no place to stand while waiting for a table that is not in the way of others. Even after making reservations, we waited quite a while and constantly had to be on the move so as to not be in the way. After being seated at a corner table that was nicely out of the congestion, our waitress greeted us and described in detail the specials. She was knowledgeable and friendly. The macaroni and cheese appetizer was very good, but my entree of fish and chips was not really my thing. Overall, for the wait, cramped quarters, and unimpressive but pricey fare, I am not compelled to return.

• Visited February 2013

Grand Rapids, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun place to eat in Sheboygan”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

It was our first time visiting Sheboygan and were recommended The Duke my our hotel. The food was great, as was the service. The atmosphere was casual and very enjoyable, and so much so that we made sure to back over the course of our next several visits to Sheboyan.

• Visited May 2012
Port Washington, Wisconsin
“Enjoyable First Visit”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Visited the restaurant last Friday night while in Sheboygan. The atmosphere is interesting, very British decor and signage. Did not have reservations so we waited at their large central bar. The dining area is not overly large and surrounds the bar which makes it a fairly lively, loud, "fun" place. The restaurant overlooks the marina and harbor and I can see how it would be stunning in the warmer times of year. I had their mussels in white wine appetizer with french fries and it was excellent. My wife had the chicken curry and thought it was just ok with very little chicken. The service was excellent. I would probably return.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank SeacayII
“surprisingly good restaurant”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I eat here 2-3 times a year, whenever passing through Sheboygan. The menu is always exciting - I've had better Indian food here than I've found in Chicago! yesterday for lunch - an unbelieveably delicious lamb burger, local meat, bursting with flavor. Served with extra good pita and sauce and salad.

I love the unique, yet genuine british atmosphere, great decor and beer and wine list. Staff always seem happy to be at work.

• Visited February 2013
Sheboygan, Wisconsin, United States
“Great Place”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Duke of Devon never disappoints. Great selection of beer and the food is amazing. While everything on the menu is delicious, I always recommend whatever is on special. Yum!

Visited February 2013