“What a good surprise”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2014

The Trattoria Stefano has notting to envy to the great NY, LA or Chicago Italian restaurants.
We were 8 and have been grated by the owner that has prose a menu that was outstanding from the antipasto to the desert.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

This restaurant was recommended both by a friend from Sheboygan and our innkeeper at the Rochester Inn in Sheboygan Falls. It's a short 15 minute drive from the Inn. My wife declared that this us the best Italian restaurant we've visited. I had the veal chop, she had the halibut special. Both were outstanding. The waiter was terrific and helped select our dinner choices and wine. Great calls on both. We're thinking of returning to try their pasta. Well deserving of its recommended status.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Some lady in a gym said "don't miss this place" and we are forever grateful. We weren't even that hungry when we were escorted to our table by a front window (ask for it) and settled in with our engaging and knowledgeable, waiter who described himself as one with "an Irish rabbi verve." He steered us well through all the best options. Fresh figs with prosciutto, champagne grapes and some kind of balsamic vinegar were so good that even now I tremble as I type. Caprese salad included both local mozzarella and water buffalo mozzarella, and was so fresh it made my heart sing. And then, the main event, tagliata di manzo al crostoni, sirloin sliced over toasted bread with roasted tomatoes, basil oil and more of that water buffalo mozz. Served with Tuscan beans and sauteed spinach. Dessert, oh man, I can't even remember, but I know it was so so so good. Nothing here is less than 12 stars.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

I've been going to Stefano's since it opened, and I don't recall a single vegetarian entree in all these years other than a rigatoni option.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Four of us in town for a golf trip decided on Stefano's for dinner. We arrived on time for our 7:15pm reservation and were asked to wait at the bar for our table. About 20 min later we were seated. The food was very good, however one of the meals was too dry and only average. The wine was excellent and the price reasonable. The bartender was very good however our waiter was so-so. The place was very busy for a Tuesday night, and three of us would go back.