“Confused atmosphere.”

Latitude Restaurant
Ranked #117 of 162 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lakeview Drive
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Confused atmosphere.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Immediately we were ushered in so quickly we weren't greeted. The first impression is upscale dining, but then the menu is on cheap printer paper. They also had the heat on on an 80 degree day. I ordered a simple haddock sandwich which came presented open face. The first thing I see is old, slimy cucumbers on a bed of limp lettuce. The tomatoes were dripping and the haddock had an off taste, (besides being bland) I took one bite could not do another. I have never sent anything back or refused to eat something. The server was cool about it and sent us to the bar for a drink but the bartender treated us with disdain. We thought it would be a decent meal at fair prices but was time and money wasted.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Manda D

Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“Good food, but tiny portions at lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I ate group lunches there twice. First time it was a very small piece of tasty chicken on a small amount of pasta. It was good, but two of the people that I was dining with, got up after eating, and announced to the other two of use that: THEY WERE GOING OUT TO LUNCH. Not a good way to save money. The second day, the lunch was tasty as well and slightly bigger portion.

Visited June 2013
Jackson, Wisconsin
“Could Be So Much More”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Our first trip to Latitude 43 was expected to be upscale dining, and while I thought the atmosphere was good--awesome lake view, once the sunset the lighting should have been dimmed as it seemed too bright. The menu is versatile offering a little bit of every thing, but I thought that it was tacky to put it on plain paper and cheapened the experience. Service was the big issue. It did take quite a while for our server to come to our table. They seem to boast about the wine cellar, but when asked about a wine, our server didn't really know how to describe it. It then took about 15 min for our wine to arrive, wrong bottle, another few minutes for the correct bottle, but lipstick stained wine glass was brought, so another few min. for a new glass. By now I think we have been at our table for half an hour. We ordered the calamari which was good, just enough for an appetizer. It look quite a while for our food to arrive and then our server set the tray of food on the stand by our table and was ushered away by another server for a few minutes while our food sat there. My husband ordered the Red Snapper which was very good, I had the Mahi Mahi, grilled. It had no seasoning so without the "lemon tartar sauce" it was bland. The crab mac n' cheese was yummy with a small portion being just enough for 2 as a side. We had the Crème Brule for dessert which was delish, rich and creamy. Over all, I think if Latitude 43 would like to be known as an upscale restaurant, they need to work on the service a lot. We are not pretentious and took everything in stride, but I would not go back for some time hoping that the service has changed.

• Visited June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Definitely NOT Upscale Dining”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was our first stay at Blue Harbor Resort and we decided to try their signature restaurant. The pictures made it look elegant and inviting. In person, it did not look the same. The flooring appeared to be a laminate made to look like wood. On a positive note, the views of the lake were inviting and the menu seemed promising. We were off to a poor start when we were seated and did not have a server for quite a while. The hostess actually noticed this and came to greet us and pour water. When our server finally came over, we ordered a bottle of wine. It became clear VERY quickly that this young lady had no knowledge or experience with wine. She had a very difficult time with the cork and commented on how she was not good with wine. When she was done pouring, she placed the cork back in the top of the bottle. This was red wine! I don't mean to sound like a wine snob, but you don't put the cork back in! Red wine needs to breathe. I find it highly disappointing that servers in a supposedly nice restaurant have to been trained on this. We expect a level if service when we dine and this was certainly not what we expected. The food was very average and overall the service was slow. The restaurant was not even crowded. This should have given us a clue, especially since it was Saturday night on a holiday weekend. It is very unfortunate because this could be a very nice venue. We will not be back. If you are looking for a fine dining venue, I would suggest you look elsewhere.

• Visited May 2013
Naperville, Illinois
“Two nights - Two dinners - Two unique experiences”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The restaurant has just re-opened after a renovation and with a new menu.
We ate dinner Friday night at about 8:15. We got a table by the fireplace near the windows overlooking the lake.
We received biscuits and corn muffins with butter selections of regular and honey. DELICIOUS! We could have used more!
The kid menu had just what my girls love - noodles and chicken tenders. Our server brought my noodles kid a side of fresh fruit as well.
My husband and I each selected a main entree to share. He ordered the blackened Mahi Mahi and I had the special which was a venison that was marinated bone in.
For sides, you get an option of a small or large so you can share if need be.
We ordered a small crab mac and cheese and a large roasted potatoes.

Everything was plated beautifully and tasted fresh.

We truly enjoyed our dinner! So much so we returned the following night for another meal.

Here's what we enjoyed on night two:
We had more biscuits
Husband had the beef tenderloin that was very tender.
I had the pork chop with a pineapple chutney that was to die for - I don't even like chutney and I LOVED it! I had a side of brocollini - again...don't know what that was but it was really good.
This night we had room for dessert.
Oldest daughter - creme brulee
Husband - chocolate decadence
Me - triple chocolate cheesecake

All in all two great dinners over two great nights

• Visited May 2013