“No reason to leave resort!”
Review of Latitude Restaurant - CLOSED

Latitude Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lakeview Drive
Reviewed April 30, 2012

The food was very good & priced very reasonably. Staff very friendly.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

We went to dinner here last night, a Friday. When told the specials, the waitress said they had a 4 course walleye special. SHe stated, it starts with a glass of wine, but if you don't drink wine she'd be happy to give us soda "or something" were her word. Next course was soup or salad, main course was the walleye entree and fourth course was your choice of creme brulee or cheesecake.. I mentally decided I would be having that special. Then she took our drink order, I ordered seltzer with a lime (mind you, seltzer is only carbonated water... WATER). After about 15 minutes she brought our drinks and took our order at that time. When I ordered the special, she asked what wine I would like. I stated, since I'm pregnant, I will have the seltzer instead of my wine. She says well does anyone else at the table want you wine and glances around to see if there are any takers... (at this time, I'm thinking oh she must not want to charge me for the setlzer as it is only carbonated water.) When no one was interested in the wine, she turns back to me and says, "well, make sure you get yourself another seltzer after this one because I already rang this one up. Otherwise I would have to get my manager to void it." I was so bothered I didn't even respond. Later she brought our food and asked how everything was and asked my husband how his pork was. She commented she thought the pork was delicious when the cook gave her a sliver of it in the back!!! Our entire table is stunned at this point. Then one of our friends had ordered a whole roasted chicken, which he could finish as it was a huge portion. He asked for a to go box. She brings out 3 of the smallest size to go boxes and proceeds to cut his chicken up at the table and box it into the three boxes. She tells out they ran out of regular size to go boxes. But the table next to us sure had plenty of the larger size. SO my friend has to carry these 3 boxes stacked on top of each other out to the car, you think if that was the case, she could've offered him a bag for the hassle!
She also brought the bill with my seltzer charge still on it, I made her take that off... The worst part is, there were only two other tables in there and all of this was going on. We also waited 35 minutes for our food after salads. The food was good, I do admit that but the overall experience was terrible and COMICAL to be honest. We were just shocked at the service... perkins does better than that!

Reviewed January 16, 2012

This was our second (and last) visit to Latitude since it reopened under new owners and management last spring. We were disappointed the first time but wanted to try again in hope that things had improved. Unfortunately, they haven't. First of all, the picture that you see online is very deceiving. There are no white table cloths, and the dining room is not as elegant as it appears from the pictures. The wine list is average, but the prices are reasonable. My wife ordered a glass of one of the house wines and the server told us she would have to check to see if they had it because she hadn't "heard of that one for a while." The food is disappointing and over-priced. (We did overhear a chatty server telling the people at another table that the chef wasn't in the kitchen that night, but the problems seem to be more fundamental than that.) We ordered two types of bruschetta from the tapas menu....both were made from lightly toasted white sandwich bread cut into triangle shapes with hardly any seasoning. The traditional one came a blob of melted mozzarella cheese in the middle of each piece and a small bowl of cherry tomatoes wedges (with basil) that rolled off of the "toast" when you tired to eat it. My wife ordered mussels as her next tapas choice and got a small bowl with seven mussels for which we paid $8....more than a dollar a piece. The sauce wasn't bad, but it was over-salted. It came with one slice of the same sandwich bread which was better toasted and seasoned than the bruschetta. We had intended to stay for more, but decided to cut our losses and finish dinner at home.

1  Thank Allan V
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Food quality below average, very small portions for the price. We waited over 40 minutes for our food (restaurant was not busy) and waitress answers were "I don't know" for most of the questions regarding the special of the day. Not returning again!

1  Thank Belinda G
Reviewed December 5, 2011

FYI, Latitude Restaurant was previously run by the Weissgerber group. Blue Harbor was bought by a group of investors and changed the menu so reviews before May 2011 will be for the former restaurant.

Because of the above information, we'd been reluctant to return. We'd been fans of the old one and weren't sure how it would compare. The good news is that it compares very well. Many of the staff are still there, the attention to detail and high quality of food hasn't changed but they have decreased their menu items and lowered their prices.

When we were there they had a special three course dinner for $9.95. Every night has a choice of either a 4 oz filet Mignon with Bearnaise or a 4 oz salmon. Both come with a side dish and asparagus spears. You also get a salad, their terrific rolls with regular or herb butter and dessert. The third choice of entree varies each day.

For that price we thought we'd be pretty happy with whatever we got. Imagine our surprise when the food was presented and prepared as if we'd spent 3 times that for dinner! This was no cheapened experience, this was fine dining at special prices. The portions were on the smaller side, but I was satisfied. The red potato side dish was very good and the steak was extremely tender. DH's salmon was terrific and he loved the rice served with it. We didn't look at the regular menu much, but they had nice selections such as Jack Daniels Pork Chops, Prosciutto wrapped chicken breast and seafood.

The dining room itself is one of the more attractive ones in the area and they've freshened up a few things. The fish tank is gone, replaced by an attractive wall hanging, they've discontinued the linen table cloths but the nice china and heavy silver seems the same. Sometimes change is good, and they got this one right.

1  Thank Frozen_Tundra_Gal