“Always interesting”

John Michael Kohler Arts Center
Ranked #2 of 31 things to do in Sheboygan
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The JMKAC is always a treat. I visit two or three times a year. I love the non-traditional exhibits. It is well worth the stop, and it is free. ( they do accept donations).

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"world class"
"suggested donation"
in 6 reviews
"really enjoyed our visit"
in 3 reviews
in 19 reviews
"exhibition"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed January 31, 2013

While two galleries were down setting up the next exhibit, 4 were still open. Great variety, and I liked that the exhibits were a bit more adventurous than most. Friendly desk, took lots of time to tell us about the exhibits and other stuff in the area. No photography allowed. They obviously have a lot of classes as well as a bunch of toddlers came in while we were there and were soon in a room sitting and working on something. Only "permanent" exhibit seems to be from the artist in residence at Kohler company. No fee, but donation encouraged.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Don't be afraid, have someone make sure the opposite sex loo is empty and then go in! The men's bathrooms are actually (in my opinion) much more interesting than the women's. We saw the Levi Fisher exhibit and it was of great interest to my 10 year old boy. I loved the Emery Blagdon works. We found very little to appreciate in the "Kids are Alright" exhibit and frankly, found the Patty Chang work, "In love" offensive and a little creepy but that's the beauty of this gem. They aren't afraid to put it out there. Go.

1  Thank Smillie-girl
Reviewed January 2, 2013

wonderful little art museum featuring world class modern artists, as well as students from the Kohler Arts Center residency program.