“Gotta Go To Gosse's”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We visit here everytime we come. We have a Cheese Steak sandwich, share some fries and LOVE trying the different tortes that they make! If you're a sissy when it comes to real butter, have them leave it off of your sandwich.....just sayin'. My son wanted to go back last night for one more brownie torte, but they closed at 7. It's nothing fancy, but great sandwichesand we get tired of eating at chain restaurants. We have never had their chicken, so can't comment in that. Enjoy your trip to Sheboygan and don't forget to stop by the Old Wisconsin 2nd had store for some snacks. :-)

3  Thank tedelker

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Yes, it's true...these are my all time favorite burgers. I live in Colorado and can't get anything even close when it comes to burgers. That's all I can comment on because I have never ordered anything else. The hardrolls, the butter, the meat...it's just an amazing burger. I can't get over how low the prices are here. Bring cash. Try a torte!! The service is hit or miss. My only real complaint is that many times they are closed for the entire week I am in town visiting (fourth of July) and that's such a bummer.

3  Thank Jreid8420
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This restaurant was recommended while we were visiting the shops in downtown Sheboygen and glad it was.

The atmosphere and decorations were very neat and the place was very clean. Friendly staff and loved the food.

We had a brat and butter burger, sweet potato fries, Spotted Cow and a Sprecher Root Beer and enjoyed it all. Homemade Tortes seemed to be one of their specialties so we took one to go and it was delicious!

Got there around 6:45pm and the place was pretty full so that was a good sign!

They are only open until 7pm so don't wait too long and they don't take credit cards so make sure you have cash. They have an ATM on site in case you need it.

They have a bar area too in case you just want to have a Spotted Cow or hang out there for awhile. Seems everyone was friendly.

Glad we stopped by! Wish we had more time to learn more about the history of the place. It was old train station from what I understand and they had a bunch of old photos.

1  Thank R J
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

The "broasted" chicken was the worst chicken I've ever eaten in my life. Also you shouldn't have your employees post 5 stars just to show up. Eat at this establishment at your own risk.

3  Thank Clayc2020
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Sandwiches which are steak and bratwurst are to kill for at Gosse's. The food is great and worth the price paid. The steaks are large and are cooked to your taste. The bats have a good flavor. The french fries are very good.