“Nice Family Vacation”
Review of Blue Harbor Resort

Blue Harbor Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Wanted to do something other then Wisconsin Dells. Blue Harbor is such a beautiful place. My kids loved the boathouse suite. The room was huge and it was pretty clean. The breakfast was really good. The service was excellent. It was so nice to walk along the lake at night- just beautiful. The people that work here are really nice and friendly. The waterpark is on the smaller side, but we had fun. If it wasn't for the special that was being offered, we probably wouldn't have stayed here, but it was a really good special. I hope Blue Harbor keeps offering specials in the future. My kids were really surprised when I pulled up to Blue Harbor, because we didn't tell them we were staying here. And they were also surprised when they opened the door to the room. Hopefully we will be back again next summer and are able to get a lakeside room.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The staff couldn't have been more accomodating. The answer to any request was "sure" "no problem". Private rooms for meetings, dinners, etc.
Our room had a lake view, clean, comfortable, always made up before we came back.
Less than 5 minutes off Hwy 43. Restaurant (indoor and out), gift shop, snack bar. Walk to shops, miniature golf and more just off the property and across the bridge for more great shops and pier.
Always something to do for everyone.
I didn't experience the Spa, but people in the group did and enjoyed their experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at the resort for 2 days- my wife and I and our 16 and 14 year old boys. We had a great time playing football in Lake Michigan and hanging out by the pool. Water park is more for little kids as we expected but was good for a little bit of fun for teenagers. We took the hour drive to Milwaukee to catch a Brewers game which was well worth the trip. Great golf courses in the area as well. If you are a golfer Whistling Straits is a must see and only about 15 minutes away. I think 3 days is enough as there isn't much in Sheboygan - we made the Blue Harbor a part of our trip and spent the rest of the week in Chicago. Easy ride and we stopped at Six Flags located about halfway between Milwaukee and Chicago. Highly recommended trip!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The outside pool has a bar next to it... so my husband spent most of our time outside soaking up the sun and watching the kids swim. The indoor water park was a lot of fun too.... a bit humid in there but they opened up the doors to air it out. The resort was clean and well laid out.... we would definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We started out in a family room with a loft, and as our party grew we switched to a two bedroom condo. The family unit had a nice balcony with a fantastic view of the lake. The condo opened up on the garden, which had a great lawn play area for kids. You can see the theme. This is a family resort. Don't go there expecting upscale luxury. Everything is scaled for and a bit scarred by kids--but clean and maintained. If you can accept this, you'll have a great time here. Pool, bocce, putting green, sandy beaches, water park, a variety of restaurants, a Starbucks, two bars. Near to fishing, mini-golf, kayaking, shopping, ice cream, good restaurants.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our family had a great time at Blue Harbor. The only thing I would change is I wish I could've stayed another night. The staff was great, they gave us water park passes before check in and you can play in the water park after check out as well. We stayed in the king suite which has a pull out couch that my 4 yr old son slept on and the room was spacious and really nicely done. We went with my brother and sister in law who have a 4 year old and a 6 year old and they all loved the waterpark and the beach. It was much less crowded than I thought it would be and everyone is so friendly. We didn't stay on the lake side, but our view was still incredible! They have great bounce back rates and we booked the same weekend next year. There's great shops just across the street from the resort and there was some great live music by the pier. I would've liked to go the outdoor pool (looks much bigger in pictures), but it was packed all hours of the day. I can't say I missed it much, there was so many other things to see and do. Several people mentioned the rock climbing to the beach, but there is a bath to the main beach you can reach no problem. We braved the rocks, because it's quieter and more private on that side.

Room Tip: The king suite was perfect for our family of 3.
1  Thank Dawn E
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great room with 2 queen beds and sitting area. Beautiful lake view. NIce walking trails and lots to do close by. Close to bike trails. Thinking about bringing our boat up the Lake Michigan shore to stay in the harbor and then spend the night.

Room Tip: Ask for a Lakeview Room, of course!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sheboygan
4 mi away
Harbor Winds
Harbor Winds
#6 of 11 in Sheboygan
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
La Quinta Inn Sheboygan
La Quinta Inn Sheboygan
#3 of 11 in Sheboygan

Been to Blue Harbor Resort? Share your experiences!