New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Vincennes, Indiana
“Relaxing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We made Blue Harbor the second part of a vacation to Wisconsin and we are so glad we did! The room was so very nice that just walking in and opening the door onto the balcony to the lake view de-stressed us right away. The room looked as if it was brand new and the layout was well thought out, with the couch and tv area separated from the comfortable bed by a short wall. It had everything we needed - nice sized fridge, microwave, terrific water pressure. Most of all, it had staff that was very courteous, accommodating, and went out of their way to be sure we were pleased. The gift shop, which I learned is open to guests and non-guests alike, had well planned choices so we could choose something nice to remember the time spent at Blue Harbor. I got a small Vera Bradley item that I will see every day and it will make me smile to remember what a wonderful three days we had at a place we really liked. Planning a return!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Constance H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Saint Peters, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I try to look for different areas to take my kids ages 5, 7, and 9. We found Blue Harbor Resort online and decided to give it a try. We arrived on a Saturday in May and found the resort not as busy as we thought. We were able to check in early and the kids LOVED their room which consisted of a set of bunkbeds as well as a day bed all tucked away into their own little "room" with a tv. The room was very clean. The ladies who checked us in were very sweet and gave the kids a ticket to get a free ice cream at the shop in the hotel.
We spent part of this day in the waterpark which I loved. It was big enough for my kids of all ages to enjoy their own things but small enough for me to keep track of all of them.
Then next day we headed into town. Sheboygan is a VERY clean and quaint little town. We shopped at a couple of shops and everyone was very friendly. There was a cute little ice cream shop walking distance from the hotel that we stopped at for some ice cream that we fell in love with. We also played on the beach and walked out a walkway to see the light house which was not far from the hotel.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for a family with kids. I know this will be a trip my kids will talk about for a long time!

Room Tip: If you have kids I would recommend the rooms with the bunk beds. I know it costs a little more but...
2 Thank kristinaw898
BlueHarborManager, General Manager at Blue Harbor Resort, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your visit and appreciate your nice comments. I remember traveling with my children when they were younger and I certainly agree about them having their own television! I hope you have a chance to visit again soon and please stop by and say hi!
Orlando
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had a Loft Fireplace Suite which the pictures looked beautiful, but the room was very disappointing. There was dirt/dust on the ceiling fan, the tracks for the sliding glass door had an accumulation of dirt, there was a layer of dust on the headboards and pictures, the grout in the bathroom had old mildew, the safety bar and shower curtain rod were rusty, there was a bearing in the fan in the bathroom that was going, so it was very loud, and worst of all, was the lack of customer service. As this room can sleep 8, we expected a decent size refrigerator, and could not believe the tiny dorm sized model in a Loft Fireplace Suite?
When we called the front desk to ask it to be swapped out or if they could bring another one, we were told that was not allowed. The coffee maker leaked water all over, the blow dyer took 30 minuted to dry your hair, all were very cheap, outdated appliances- certainly not what you would expect for a room that charges over $200.00 per night. Also there was no closet on the main floor of the suite, only a bar that was hung so low that pants or a dress hung up dragged the ground and the ironing board, safe and all were exposed looking like a junk area. I purposely stayed to watch room service the next morning and when I brought these things to their attention, they just ignored me and paid no attention to the items I mentioned. maintenance did come up and disconnect the fan in the bathroom because the it was so loud, but that was it. The "Business Center" was a joke, the internet was down ALL DAY Saturday, as we checked back several times during the day and evening, only to be told repeatedly by front desk personnel, "We're working on it" so we were unable to print our boarding passes at all. Anthony Melchiorri would have a field day at Blue Harbor. It appears to me that while the appearance on the website gives one the impression of a grand hotel, but because the rooms are dirty and the furniture and appliances are cheap and flimsy, it does not warrant the prices they charge.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Holly L
I apologize for your experience and would appreciate the chance to talk to you in person to determine which room you were in and when you stayed with us. I would like to make this right. Please contact me at info@blueharborresort.com
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times and have stayed in the loft, family suite, kid aquarium and boathouse suites. For a family of 5, these rooms cannot be beat. The kid aquarium and boathouse rooms are especially nice for younger children to have their own "room" with separate TV. Makes for pleasant evenings for all. The family suites are great too but they now only have one TV, so no longer a TV for adults and one for the kids.

The waterpark has a lot of windows and is very bright -- not dark and depressing like some can be. Also, it is very open and easy to keep track of children who are enjoying separate areas of the waterpark. Often, I'll have one on the body slides, one in the lazy river and one playing basketball and I can keep track of all three from one comfortable location. This allows us to enjoy the day just as much as the kids.

They have also added salads and sandwiches to the snack bar -- much healthier options than just fried food and hot dogs.

Rooms on the south end tend to be more family oriented. If you want a couples stay, ask for a room on the north end -- away from the water park.

Love this hotel and water park!

1 Thank Janet_Wine_Lover
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review about your stay. I'm glad you noticed the menu upgrades as we try to give parents some choices in regards to healthier snacks for their family. We very much appreciate our repeat guests like you! Please let me know when you return so I can thank you for your business personally!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We surprised our sons, ages 4(almost 5) and 6, for a birthday celebration. The waterpark is clean and perfect size for our childrens' age group. We could sit and relax while our boys enjoyed all of the slides and water fun. They provided life jackets which gave us extra piece of mind. There are life guards everywhere and they are extra alert. The hotel has kids club activities but we were to busy swimming to enjoy them. They knew it was my sons birthday and they put a paper happy birthday sign on our room's door. We had breakfast at the buffet in the morning. Lovely stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in a kid aquarium room. It was nice to feel like the kids had their own space. They also e...
    • 4 of 5 stars
We love helping families celebrate birthdays! I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast buffet, the Chef has worked hard with his team to provide some more variety based on other guest feedback. We look forward to seeing you again!
Thanks!
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Our family just spent a weekend at Blue Harbor Resort for the first time. We are regular Walt Disney World visitors and pretty much expect high quality. We were not disappointed!
We arrived on Friday night about 7:45. We called ahead to reserve a table at the newly renovated Latitude 43 Restaurant. While the dress code was business casual and we were in travel comfort, we were welcomed warmly.
This restaurant is a little upscale and somehow my two daughters (9 and 5) were really on their best behavior! We got a table right by the fireplace looking out the windows toward the lake. The adults had Mahi Mahi and the venison special. Everything was plated pleasantly and cooked well.
We stayed in room 101 which was a kid-themed aquarium room. It was also located right next to the water park. Perfect location!
The beds were comfortable and the kids loved the bunk beds in the aquarium "room" They also got a treat with having a flat screen tv in their "room." The main living area just received new flat screen tv's as well.
Saturday we checked out the town and then headed back for the waterpark. There was something for both of my daughters. The kiddie slides were a hit for my 5 year old and my 9 year old loved the lazy river and the lily pad/rope course across the pool. It was pretty busy but we had a good time with our kids.
The weather was nice but not summer-like yet so we didn't get to spend as much time outdoors as we would if it was July. Having said that, we did walk along the bike path and admire the lake view. There were a group of teenagers that braved the water - for a few seconds and then returned to the waterpark!
Dinner brought us back to Latitude 43 with another excellent meal.
Sunday morning we had breakfast at The Beacon. They had a buffet which worked best for our family. The chef was so nice - he gave lollipops to my girls!
The entire resort was very clean and very beautiful. We would love to return mid-summer when we can spend some time outside on the beach.
I also thought we might have noise issues with being so close to the water park but that was not the case at all! I've had more noise from a one-night stay for a sporting event than here. Our lakeview room also had a view of the outdoor pool. This time of year it wasn't open. I would think it might be louder during summer season.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor have much higher ceilings than on other floors. Take note!
1 Thank DisSavvyJenn
I really appreciate guests taking the time to post reviews like yours- it goes a long way with our staff in reinforcing that their efforts really do make a difference. I am also glad you enjoyed Latitude- your experience is exactly what we were striving for when we did our remodel recently- we want to give me a chance to have an excellent meal with excellent wine, but in an atmosphere comfortable for the entire family! We hope to see you again soon!
Appleton, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

It has become obvious that the Blue Harbor does NOT care about its guests. They only care about the bottom dollar and that alone. We stayed at the resort in mid April in one of the villas. After making the reservation my wife was informed she can get a discount though her work. When checking in I told the front desk employee about the discount and they tried to use it but the computer wouldn’t take it at this time. The employee said she would check with her supervisor and to ask about it again during checkout. At checkout I talked to the same employee and she informed me that due to the occupancy of the hotel they would not be able to honor the discount. I told her I didn’t understand due to the paperwork I had with the discount didn’t say anything about a restriction with the occupancy of the hotel. When I returned home I sent an email to the resort explaining I didn’t understand this policy and was very disappointed in this policy. It says on the web page emails are returned in 24 hours. I’m still waiting for a response. That just shows me they don’t care. I would never recommend Blue Harbor to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank JAB_HEULE
BlueHarborManager, General Manager at Blue Harbor Resort, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
I am terribly sorry your information request email was not responded to. I don't know what happened with our system. I am happy to honor any discount promised. Please email us again at the info@blueharborresort.com address and I will promptly respond. We would also like to invite you back for a stay on us to prove that your experience was out of the norm.
Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sheboygan
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel - Sheboygan
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
Inn on Woodlake
Inn on Woodlake
#2 of 2 in Kohler
4.0 of 5 stars 243 reviews

Been to Blue Harbor Resort? Share your experiences!