“So much fun!”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“So much fun!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Blue Harbor is one of my kids' favorite places (ages 10, 8, 6, and 3). My oldest had his birthday party there and had an absolute blast all day with his friends. It is definitely geared toward a younger kid, maybe under 16, but there is also an attached arcade that is pretty fun too.
In summer the local shops, restaurants, charter boats, beach, and miniature golf course make it a fun vacation for any family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wait started at check-in when the person checking us in apologized repeatedly for "computer problems". The common areas of the hotel were impressive and clean--however our room was a different story. Our suite looked tired--the ottoman was stained, there were greasy fingerprints covering an access panel in the bathroom, some kind of crud splashed on a bathroom wall and a glob of hair on the floor, the picture on the tv in the living area was poor. None of the bathroom issues were immediately apparent as the lighting in the bathroom was very dim. The waiting continued when I tried to access wireless internet. The signal strength constantly bounced up and down from 1-3 bars throughout our stay and it was impossible to use. We then waited at the in-house Starbucks where the staff did not seem familiar with the Starbucks beverage selection and could not identify donuts (my wife ordered 3 and they only had 1 correct). More waiting to get a locker key at the pool and even longer to get my deposit back (computer problems).
Kids under 5 are not supposed to be in the whirlpool but during our stay there were several kids in swim diapers in the whirlpool---yeccchhh.
Blue Harbor asked for a review of my stay and I gave them this information (and invited them to check out the bathroom issues for themselves) but have not received a response. This leads me to believe "we got your $325 and don't care".

9 Thank Mike1000east
Chicago, IL
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We spent spring break week at Blue Harbor and couldn't have loved it more! The hotel was clean, the staff were helpful and courteous. The only problem we had was a toilet that clogged a few times, but they were quick to fix it (even the housekeeper offered to take care of it for us which I thought was extremely nice of her). The water park was just right for our kids ages 5,8,10 they had a blast! We are already planing our next trip to Blue Harbor this summer so we can enjoy the beach as well.

1 Thank KM426
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We rented a 14 person villa for a bday party. The villa was roomy enough to accommodate everyone, was lake front with a big deck and a kitchen as well. They have many restaurants, a watermark for the kids and a spa for the kids. We booked spa services form12 and was a accommodated thru everyone's last minute changes. Great trip

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We enjoyed our Spring Break Retreat at Blue Harbor Resort! Clean spacious rooms, however we ran out of Kleenex with no replacement box in sight. Poor placement of TV in room. Gorgeous view of Lake Michigan, with a step out balcony. Just a few steps out to the beach! We loved walking on the beach, even with snow on the ground. Water Park was nice, with watchful life guards. Breakfast was good- Chef William makes a mean omelet and draws a purple shark on the table cloth for your kids! We had a lovely stay!

Room Tip: Get a room lakeside- very nice view!
Muskego, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed at Blue Harbor on a Pre-Break Special, which we felt was a very good value. The website was not as user friendly as it could have been; be sure to scroll through ALL of the options, as we noted several different rates for the same room.
Overall, we were very pleased. The resort itself is beautiful and on prime property on the Lake. The room was spacious with high ceilings. It was clean and nicely kept. We traveled with our 2-year old twins. Pack ‘n Plays were provided upon request, although no linens were provided for the Pack ‘n Plays. Our only real disappointment of the whole stay was that despite the hotel being at low occupancy, we were placed in a room right next to other guests who were loudly laughing and talking much later than we wanted to be up. With earplugs in we got a partial night’s sleep. Not sure why the front desk didn’t at least space rooms out a bit.
Food options were better than expected, and the staff is obviously used to dealing with children. Crayons, coloring pages and a paper tablecloth were available to keep the kids amused while waiting.
The waterpark was perfect for our first waterpark experience. Lifejackets were available if desired. Our toddlers particularly enjoyed the slides and toddler play area. The waterpark is likely best suited for the 10 years and under set, which was exactly what we were looking for.
Overall, we had a great experience. We will be back (hopefully with quieter neighbors next time).

Room Tip: If it appears the hotel is at low occupancy, ask for a room without neighbors.
Beloit, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was a working vacation for me and my third trip to Blue Harbor. i enjoy staying there and that is why I return. It is difficult for me NOT to compare visits. With this visit there was one real noticeable change. The resort itself has always looked clean. The rooms that I have stayed in were all big, clean and inviting. I stayed in a villa with my family last August and that was a nice size also. So, the resort itself is great. The big change I saw and felt this time was in the staff. Everyone I talked to or passed in the hall smiled AND said hello. With my last visit, sporadically I would run across a happy staff member. So, that was a pleasant change.

Standing in line at the front desk I was watching and listening to Heather (I think)..( blond hair) --talking to and interacting with other guests. She was calm, patient, nice and very kind to people. Actually to me as well.

As far as kids running around....it was quiet around my room about 90% of the time. But this is a resort with a water park that caters to families, so honestly, I expected some noise. I figured that kids would burn their energy at the water park and crash about nine or nine thirty. Which, for the most part, was the case. Kids are kids.

For me, with every visit, the down side is always the same. When it is time to leave, I just wish that I could stay longer.

Room Tip: I like the higher floors and a lake view room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sheboygan
Harbor Winds
Harbor Winds
#6 of 11 in Sheboygan
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel - Sheboygan
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
Inn on Woodlake
Inn on Woodlake
#2 of 2 in Kohler
La Quinta Inn Sheboygan
La Quinta Inn Sheboygan
#5 of 11 in Sheboygan

Been to Blue Harbor Resort? Share your experiences!