Blue Harbor Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Harbor Winds(Sheboygan)
1,010 results
All reviewswater parkbedroom villaoutdoor poolbeacon restaurantlazy riverlake michiganmini golfice creamlife guardsbunk bedsolder kidssnack barfamily suiteaquarium roomall agesyear oldsboathouse room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was our first time at Blue Harbor and what a wonderful time we had. My husband as well as myself and our children (adults ) and grandchildren (7) enjoyed six fun filled days and nights. Each day we played on the sandy beach,spent time at the wonderful waterpark or while the little ones were napping some of the adults would enjoy the privare outdoor pool. We stayed in the villas that have full kitchens (just like home) so we didn't have to eat three meals out (great for the little ones).There are restaurants on site or several to choose from nearby,including an old fashoned icecream parlor.We also enjoyed mini golf and some of the adults hit the greens for grownup golf.Most of what I mentioned is in walking distance. We only needed our cars twice during the week.I could go on and on but I think your web search will give you more details.Check it out. Oh, by the way there is a full service hotel also to suit the smaller group.

Room Tip: Lower floor villa is great for Sr.citizens with special needs like wheelchairs and bathing . You will have to check to see what the hotel offers in this respect.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The water in the main pool and the lazy river area was way too cold. This is an expensive hotel (in my opinion) and we had decided to spend the money on a little vacation because of the waterpark.
The room should have been spotless for the price. There was a cough drop and a layer of dust on the floor by the couch. The front of the little refrigerator was very dirty.
The room size was really nice. The room was comfortable.
It is a beautiful hotel, but we are very disappointed with the pool temperature!!!

2  Thank 974tammyj
BlueHarborManager, General Manager at Blue Harbor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

We apologize for the water temperature in the pool. We did a required major repair and re-plastered two of the pools this week. While we did try to pre-heat the water to partially fill the pool it was at 76 degrees yesterday afternoon. The problem has been correctly. In regards to your guest room, would you be so kind to email me at info@blueharborresort.com so I can get your name and then determine which of our staff members failed to properly clean your room so we can train them better?

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have been vacationing at Blue Harbor for 8 1/2 years now- twice a year. We love it because it's perfect for our 4 children. It's just the right size and not overwhelming. It doesn't take us 10 minutes to get to the waterpark from our room, unlike some other waterpark resorts we have stayed at! The staff is SUPER, SUPER friendly and pleasant and the rooms are beautiful and very up-to-date. They have a special "Crew Club" area which has toys and activities just for the kids and every night they do story time and a coloring contest for the kids. We just got back this week from a 5-day stay at Blue Harbor and have already booked our next stay in the fall! The kids are counting the days until we are back there! I can't recommend this place enough! We love the "Boathouse Suite"- the kids have their own area in the room with a set of bunk beds and a "boat" bed and their own TV. We have also stayed in the "Loft Suite" which is VERY nice and spacious and the regular "Queen Suite" is very nice if you are looking for just a basic room. The prices are VERY competitive and you get a lot for the price. Book your stay. You WON'T be sorry! I promise!

1  Thank Momof4fromRacineWI

Thank you so much for your comments! It is so gratifying to be able to share your review with our staff. It really helps reinforce that service definitely is noticed and makes a difference. We are very grateful to have long time guests like you. Please stop at the desk and ask for me next time you are here so I can thank you personally!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The outside appearance is what got my attention when searching for a resort in Wisconsin. The white exterior and red roof made me think of the Del Coronado in San Diego CA and the Lake Michigan shoreline reminded me of the Atlantic coast - hence the east meets west! We rented a two bed/ two bath villa (sm apartment). The space was great and it had a wonderful lake view. Even though there were other villas in the same building it was fairly quiet. The biggest issue I had was that it could have been cleaner. We had our two granddaughters with us and they enjoyed the beach and the small indoor water park. There is a mini golf across the parking area (it is not part of the hotel and they only take cash - which was irritating - we had to go back to the hotel - find an ATM - then back to the mini golf ). oh and girl attending the place was very rude - if it hadn't been that our granddaughters were exciteded about playing - I would have just left and gone some place else. We ate at the restaurant which was ok but not great. There are several other restaurants near by and we had also brought food to fix in our villa which we did for breakfast and lunch.
I would go back again but I would be better prepared next time. My opinion - it's better suited for couples looking to get away - relaxing on the beach - going out for dinner etc.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jan N

Thank you for submitting your review! I will talk to the owners of the mini golf facility about your comments regarding the ATM and change there. In terms of the villas, before this summer all villas will have televisions, sofas, bed lines and pillows replaced. We're flattered to be compared to the Hotel Del Coronado, although we love our location here in the Midwest and on Lake Michigan. We hope to see you again this summer!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family of five stayed over one night, and we enjoyed the resort from Saturday through Sunday afternoon. Our trip revolved around our two daughters - aged 9 and 7 - living it up at the indoor water park. They had a BLAST and never ran out of activities (and the 9 year-old pouted when it was time to go). Staff throughout the water park and hotel and restaurant were friendly and accommodating. The big guy Ted at the pool concession stand happily gave us two free Icee drinks after my daughter accidentally dropped hers on the ground (this was an unsolicited freebie, bless his heart!). And the young waitress at the restaurant - although a little green - didn't charge us for a pizza which she'd rung up late (another gladly-offered freebie). Our recently-updated room was sparkling and very spacious, with high ceilings that I'd never witnessed in a hotel. The room's only weakness was that the heated air wasn't humidified at all, and thus we awoke a few times from dryness and dehydration. But we would stay again. Aside from the dry air issue, my dissatisfaction at Blue Harbor was with the food. For example, the concession stand hot dogs only vaguely tasted like - or resembled - the real thing, and the french fries offered at the restaurant were the worst I've tasted. BUT...the kiddies didn't seem to mind, and it didn't spoil the show. Overall, good job, Blue Harbor, and keep striving for those improvements.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment so positively about your guest room, the friendliness of our staff, the water park and especially Ted at Rocky Bottom. Our Director of Food and Beverage and I have been talking about some necessary improvements to the snack bar with healthier offerings. I'm confident you will see a big difference the next time you visit. Thank you again for the great comments- they mean a great deal to the staff.