“Business AND family friendly”
Review of Blue Harbor Resort

Blue Harbor Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Business AND family friendly”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is the first time I've ever written a review. I'm here for a two day conference with my company and the service the staff has provided has been wonderful. It was hard for me to imagine a business retreat at a family water park but all I can say is it works.

The attention to detail is noticeable. The decor in the rooms and throughout the property has a classy nautical look that's hard to achieve. The view is unmatched. Hard to believe you're in Wisconsin. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BlueHarborManager, General Manager at Blue Harbor Resort, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Your review reflects exactly what we tried to accomplish when we planned the renovation and re-positioning of the resort! Thank you for noticing! The design of the building with the conference center on one side and the water park on the other allows us to separate guests that are here for different needs. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Chicago
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights in a four bedroom villa with three other families. We celebrated New Years Eve there. The resort had a lot of family activities for NYE. With small children, we stuck to the water park. The water park is clean and perfect for my family! My four year old could ride on all the slides! There is a kids club where my daughter got glittery tattoos. Overall, the villa had a good amount of space for our four families. They provided all of the necessary kitchen utensils for our New Years meal. My biggest complaint is the TV in the main room. It did not have all of the listed channels- no ABC which kept is from watching any NYE programming or bowl games. Bummer! We want to come back in the summer to enjoy the lakefront!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! I apologize for the television. The villa owners approved replacing all the televisions in the villas including upgrading the bedroom sets. We're glad you enjoyed NY Eve with us!
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by the overall value of this resort. Very friendly staff. Clean rooms. A lot of fun for the kids. One of the nicest waterparks I have been to. However, the waterpark is for smaller kids. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your very gracious comments. We use our Trip Advisor reviews to demonstrate to our staff that service does definitely make a difference! Comments like yours go a long way in helping us demonstrate our philosophy! Thank you so much and please come back soon!
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Ee had a 4 berm condo. Gorgeous view of the Lake. Awful food and service in their restaurant. Cheap bed pillows. Great room layout gave lots of room for 6 adults and 3 children to play and enjoy. Water park was excellent.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I agree with you about the view and the pillows. The pillows are being replaced. They should be complete by the end of March. As for the view, it's hard to beat! In terms of the restaurant, I would appreciate a little more information to pass on to our food and beverage management team. It would be helpful to know if your issues were with Beacon or Latitude and daytime service or dinner. I can be reached at info@blueharborresort.com. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Recently brought kids and grandkids for a few days. Rooms are spacious, modern, but daily maintenance was subpar. Outdoors, on Lake Michigan: absolutely beautiful. Waterpark is well-staffed, smaller than some in the area but certainly enough for kids under 10. Overall, very pleasant location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Would it be possible for you to let me know what maintenance in your room was subpar? If you would email me at info@blueharborresort.com, I can determine which room you stayed in and make sure we review shortcomings with our housekeeping team. Thank you for your honest comments!
Willoughby Hills, Ohio
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We booked a beautiful Captain Suite in the hotel. We came in late on a Thursday night had a quick bite to eat in the bar & went right to bed. The next morning before our children arrived with their kids we took note of the room. The carpet was "dirty" & the room wasn't as clean as I like. When our 10 month came & crawled on the floor his knees were black. My 6'3" son found a tightly rolled up dollar bill on top of the refrigerator. Not knowing what that was used for & the condition of the carpet we asked to be moved to the Villas. They were much cleaner but the beds & bedding were not great. The grand kids had a wonderful time & loved the water park area. It was the best time!! We loved being able to walk the shore of the Lake. I wrote to the manager & filled out their questionnaire but didn't get a response. I believe it was under new ownership & they are trying to update & upscale. We loved the water area, spa, views & the beautiful lobby.

Room Tip: The linens & mattress quality in the hotel were great. If you are up for a beachside casual vac...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Irish3230
I remember talking to you and will look back in our guest comment system to find your review. I may have been travelling and missed it. I apologize for that! Your comments alerted us that our carpet program had missed the Captain's Suites which we are correcting and actually plan on renovating these suites late this Fall.
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Website overbooked our room, Nicole in customer service offered free upgrade to presidential suite! Couldn't have been more delighted. Was way more rooms than the two of us needed, but suite was beautiful and comfortable. Check in lady was so friendly.

Ate in Latitude restaurant, was delicious and again beautiful. Friendly service.

Went for drinks at bar afterwards. Not the friendliest bartenders (you could tell they just wanted to go home), but such a cozy bar.

We made it to Waterpark in morning: of course was super fun even though we're in our late 20's with no kids :)

Had buffet in morning: was just great value for the variety and ayce.

Overall, couldn't be happier with our stay! Free upgrade of course was brilliant, but even if we had our original whirlpool room I think it would have been just as good!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank alicat222
Thank you for the wonderful review. We have had occasional problems with our online inventory being synced properly even though the interface is supposed to be real time. I'm glad Niki was able to solve the problem. She is great at doing that! Glad to see you enjoyed the water park. I do too and I'm much older than in my 20's!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sheboygan
Harbor Winds
Harbor Winds
#6 of 11 in Sheboygan
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel - Sheboygan
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
La Quinta Inn Sheboygan
La Quinta Inn Sheboygan
#5 of 11 in Sheboygan
Victorian Village Resort
Victorian Village Resort
#2 of 2 in Elkhart Lake

Been to Blue Harbor Resort? Share your experiences!