Blue Harbor Resort
La Quinta Inn Sheboygan(Sheboygan)(Great Value!)
$72
$114
$74
$55
EconoLodge
$110
$106
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan(Sheboygan)(Great Value!)
$119
$86
Travelocity
$53
1,010 results
All reviewswater parkbedroom villaoutdoor poolbeacon restaurantlazy riverlake michiganmini golfice creamlife guardsbunk bedsolder kidssnack barfamily suiteaquarium roomall agesyear oldsboathouse room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We have stayed twice now- once when my daughter was 2, and again last weekend (she's now 4, my son is 2.) The rates are insanely reasonable. We wanted to stay a few months ago and the water park was closed, so we booked a "regular" hotel with a pool- which cost only about $50 less in Sheboygan. For us, it's the perfect location to meet family that live about 3 hours North of Sheboygan, so we will return!
Overall, the water park is wonderful- not huge, but not crowded. That is perfect for our family with young children. THe rooms aren't swanky, but they are clean and they offer a variety of layouts to meet your needs. The resort is beautiful. I love the upgrades to the lobby. We had brunch in the restaurant off the lobby the first time, and it was very good. Also reasonably priced. Last time we stopped at a family restaurant off the circle/roundabout and it was also good (though in my opinion, breakfast is usually decent just about anywhere.)
I do recommend this as a quick getaway. It is worth the time and money, and provides a lot of fun for the kids with very little stress for me.

Room Tip: The large rooms facing the lake are airy and bright. the kid aquarium is blue, with rocks- and my kids loved it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
BlueHarborManager, General Manager at Blue Harbor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your visit with us and particularly you recognizing the improvements in our food and beverage department. They have worked very hard to deliver what our guests want- great food with great service and reasonable prices. I will make sure I share your comments with them! Thank you again.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This place is good to relax and chill with your busy life. Feel the time comes to a slow again after that busy city life. It's a family friendly place for those have little ones, great activities and pool security to ease your mind. Staff are well trained and focus to safety on the pool side.

Restaurants in the premises are great place to dine. They have casual bar and dining in a separate restaurant and semi formal restaurant on the other end. Great place on summer, sitting along Lake Michigan, picture yourself amazing atmosphere to relax!

• Stayed: September 2012

Your comments are most appreciated- particularly recognizing our food and beverage improvements and our emphasis on safety. We're glad we can offer weekend respites from our guest's hectic schedules! That's what resorts are for! Thank you again for your business. We are very grateful.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We have been having family getaways here for about 6 years. Blue Harbor has undergone a major remodelling project. While many changes are minimal as in painting and carpeting, they have done a major remodel of the lobby area. I truly missed the huge staircase as we entered, but soon realized how much of the beautiful view of Lake Michigan that it had obstructed. Now when you enter you have the beautiful voew of the lake. The waterpark is still great for the kids, particularly younger ones. The remodeling included the two restaurants off of the lobby. The improvements to the "On the Rocks" bar and restaurant were the most impressive to our group. In the past we never felt that there was a comfortable bar area in which to meet in the hotel proper. Now it is open, comfortable, and serves excellent food.

We also ate at t he Latitudes restaurant one evening. We were disappointed in the food. Though to give them credit, it was the first week-end of a new menu, so based on everything else, we would give them another chance.

As always, the place was clean and very well cared for. The entire staff was friendly, greeting you as you passed them in the halls.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

We love the fact that you have been coming here for 6 years! We are also appreciative that you recognize the improvements we've made. I agree the staircase was beautiful but it doesn't match the majesty of Lake Michigan! We will be replacing all guest room carpets and adding closets to all guest rooms this winter. As for your Latitude experience, sorry that wasn't perfect but recognizing it was the first night of the new menu was appreciated. Please look me up the next time you are here. I'll have the Chef prepare a few samples for you!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I booked a 2 night stay at the Blue Harbor for myself, my husband, and our 3 year old and 6 month old after a recommendation from a friend. The property is absolutely stunning, and the area around it has been built up to resemble a pier-type atmosphere. We arrived on a Thursday and really felt like the only people there, which we didn't mind at all. We stayed in a Captain's Suite and loved all the space and amenities it provided. We rented a DVD player for our stay, which was a very reasonable $5 for the entire time. I had requested a crib for the baby and a pack-n-play was already set up in the room, but I was a bit surprised to see that no bedding was provided, no fitted sheet, nothing. Fortunately, when I travel with an infant, I bring my own bedding, so it wasn't an issue, but I thought it would be a bit strange to expect a baby to lay on the nylon that lined the mattress. We went to the waterpark almost immediately and were pleased with the lack of people there once again. We practically had it to ourselves, but it was also a Thursday evening. It was well-staffed and not the biggest waterpark, but perfect for the ages of our children. There were a few large waterslides, a lazy river, a larger pool, and a couple of play areas that our older son loved splashing around in. When we turned in for the night, we realized that while the main living area had a heater, none of the bedrooms had venting of any sort. And since they are placed on the opposite end of the living area, they got very cold at night. I ended up sleeping with my 6 month old out in the living area, me on the couch, he in his carseat (he had a cold, so he slept better on an incline). We loved having a kitchenette and everything was very clean and updated. The upholstery on the occasional chair in the living area was worn down pretty bad, but otherwise everything was clean and modern. I liked the perks like a jetted tub (although I wasn't able to use it) and a fireplace, but things like hangers were missing from the closets. It also would have been nice to have robes in the room. The room was advertised as having a queen bed in each room, but my husband and I surmised they couldn't be bigger than a full. We ate one meal in the Beacon Cafe and were pretty underwhelmed. The service was fine, but my sandwich was just not good and my son wouldn't touch his macaroni and cheese (although he's a preschooler, so go figure). On Friday, the resort was hosting a convention with lots of families, so the waterpark was much fuller, but never felt crowded and we never had a problem finding a table to "park" at or a shortage of towels. I had also read other reviews that talked about the thinness of the walls, but even with the children and extra guests, that was never an issue for us. Our room was placed at the end of a hallway, adjacent to the elevator, which eliminated a lot of neighbors (not even a room across the hall), but we didn't even hear the elevator traffic. One small complaint we had was that apparently our phone wasn't working. We tried calling the front desk several times. I got through once and the other time my husband just went to talk to them in person, but they said the phone never rang. So I would hope they fix that. Also, one morning I went down to the on-resort Starbucks (wonderful perk), and when I walked in, there were several cleaning staff members just kind of hanging out with their coffee and talking to the attendant. They dispersed as soon as I walked in, but it just kind of looked bad to have staff just standing around like it was their break room. But admittedly, a very small offense. Overall, we decided we would come back again, even over the Dells, and we'd like to come back in the summer when we could go down to the water's edge. However, we decided we would not eat at the restaurant on property, and, if traveling in the winter again, maybe even bring a space heater with us!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
BlueHarborManager, General Manager at Blue Harbor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for all the great comments. The noise issue concerns me as we didn't have any complaints during the dates you stayed. Even in the "off season" we do have busy days and a few children or young adults running in the hall above could create some noise. If this happens again, please call the service desk and we'll get things quieted down for you!

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

The resort is beautiful and the staff is very helpful and polite. Parking was great and the location is perfect, it's centrally located to everything. The beach is great as well. The only drawback is the noise. It sounds like there's a herd of buffalos constantly running above our room. We are here during the off season so I would hate to see/hear it during the busier months. Noise aside it's a nice resort.

• Stayed: November 2012