“Staff not friendly at all not handicap friendly no wheelchairs on property you have to call weeks in advance to rent one off sit”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Harbor Resort

Blue Harbor Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is a so called resort - no bell men to help with bags at the front door $300 a night for a loft room with a city vie is not fair we had zero view of lake Michigan they will tell you over the phone at blue harbor you can see the lake well when we got into our room the view was the parking lot at far far far away in the distance there is the lake for that price what a real disappointment - no wheel chairs for us because they don't have any on site we were told they don't accommodate handicapped people front desk operation was brutal supervisor on duty was rude -if you hate your job little miss don't work there and be a supervisor because you are not friendly at all! Room had no blankets extra to use coffee maker was a two cup operation we had a mini fridge with a freezer my brothers exact same room had a smaller fridge than us no freezer.

• Stayed August 2012
BlueHarborManager, General Manager at Blue Harbor Resort, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
I am sorry we didn't have a wheelchair available for you. We do keep one on property and several times over the past month or so have rented additional ones when guests requested them. I'm also sorry you didn't experience the friendliness in our staff that almost all of our guests see. Please contact me at info@blueharborresort.com so I can get some more specifics and offer you an incentive to give us another chance. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We just stayed for one night in the loft room on the city side. We checked in with our AARP Card and were told we could not use it. That was from the supervisor on duty. Pretty upset when that happened because we paid cah at check in and were told to being the AARP card in as we were meeting my in-laws at the hotel. I had called twice to make sure we could check in and use the card. Very upsetting. The elevator also was being used by a wedding party that took 25 mins to get us from the bottom floor to the 4th floor and that was really rude. Next super horrible thing we called for a wheel chair from my father in law and was told I needed to rent one from town and they had none on site! This place is huge and with all of the walking and my 65 year old father in law not being able to go anywhere because he had not brought his wheel chair from home so they sat in the room all night. So bring a wheel chair or call days in advance if you need this they do not accommodate handicap people and this is such a large resort with lots of walking. If you need any type of service the front desk is very confrontational and not so nice. They need a lesson in customer service and to be nicer to customers checking in. We were talked to really short and the man and his wife next to us we talked to like children it was by the head supervisor on Duty. Spending over $500 at the resort for the room, food, activities, it was a real joke to us they have rude staff and no wheel chairs and no bell men to help with bags. I would go back but next time my husband can check us in so I don't have to deal with the front desk and poor service.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Torchlake27
I'm embarrassed by your comments and would greatly appreciate a chance to talk personally with you. I can be reached at info@blueharborresort.com. I can assure you we appreciate all of our guests young, older and in a wheel chair or not.
Plymouth, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I'm a Sheboygan local but I had lunch at The Beacon when a friend of mine was staying there with her family. Her husband was golfing and they brought their kids to enjoy the waterpark. She and I met up for lunch and I suggested eating at Blue Harbor so that she didn't have to transport 3 little kids, plus I'd never eaten there so it seemed like a good opportunity to give it a try. Well, I will NEVER go back.

For starters, the food was terrible and over priced. It also took a long time for our food to come even though the place wasn't busy. That wasn't the worst of it though. The service was AWFUL. The waitress was rude. She didn't know the menu and wasn't able to answer our questions about the food. She seemed really put out when we asked for drink refills, and it took a long time to get our check. She barely ever checked in on us and mostly seemed annoyed that we were interrupting the conversations she was having with coworkers. As bad as the food was, the waitress was really the "low light" of our dining experience.

You'd think that a big resort like this would want to do a good job with its restaurants to encourage patrons to eat on site. Now I know understand none of the locals eat at the Blue Harbor restaurants. It's because the service sucks, the food is awful, and the prices are high. Sheboyganites and tourists alike, STAY AWAY! If you want good food on South Pier go across the street to Lino's!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
9 Thank Elizabeth D
harker heights, texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had the four bedroom villa, and the stairs were challenging with luggage. Other than that it was clean, & large enough for everyone to move around. The kitchen was well stocked for quick meals. The view of the lake was wonderful, and there is a pier beyond the parking lot. The water park is geared towards younger children, but fun for a day. Note this-everyone needs a keycard as the door to the villa is down the stairs & noone upstairs can hear knocking, including when we ordered pizza- the lobby desk had to call to tell us to let know they had our pizza. We didn't take any housekeeping service, but the bathrooms were spotless, smelled like they actually use disinfectant. There is a washer/dryer in the villa which is nice with wet swimsuits. Quiet, scenic resort that is well maintained.

Room Tip: The larger villas have stairs to climb, so pack light.
1 Thank msbethd
Beloit, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed here in May for a working vacation and booked a 2 bedroom lake view villa for August for a family vacation. The villa was awesome. Huge, bright, roomy. It had a washer/dryer and whirlpool tub that I discovered when we got there. The villa was laid out well with 2 nice bathrooms. The water park was nice. Not too big. Waking up to the lake view and being able to walk out the front door onto the beach was really nice.

I thought that there were adequate dishes and cooking things but personally I don't go on vacation to cook.

It was a busy week-end. We did come and go and I wasn't sure that there would be enough parking but it actually wasn't a problem.

The housekeeper we had the first day was an older lady, she was friendly and nice which kind of set up an expectation. This would probably be my only complaint. in general, any housekeeping staff we saw after that looked miserable. One girl had a purse with her which I thought was strange. Why would you bring a purse in to clean a villa? But, the reality was, we did get what we needed and anything that had to be delivered did arrive promptly.

Overall, I got the same feeling that I had the last time I stayed there----I wish I would have booked a longer stay.

Room Tip: The lake view villa is worth the price
1 Thank SandyM999
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our family had a wonderful experience staying at Blue Harbor. Fast check in, followed by beautiful clean room, with super comfy beds! And our lakeside view, was breathtaking! We had the family suite with two queen beds and pull out sofa. PLENTY OF SPACE! Loved that the room was equipped with fridge and micro as with a family of 4 its so much cheaper to enjoy vacation without going out to eat all the time. Saved us tons of money! Although we did get some ice cream, coffee in the hotel (which was way too pricey) That alone is my only complaint, the pricey items within the hotel itself, as to be expected tho. The beach nearby WAS easy to get to without having to climb down bolders as many other reviews stated. Clean sandy beach with beautiful clean water! The waterpark was great for our 2 and 7 year olds, but dont see it being much fun for older children. I actually thought the waterpark would be larger then it actually was, but all in all the kids had a blast!

Room Tip: The higher floors feature the better view of the lake.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

My family stayed 3 nights--2 nights in the Captain's Suite (which does not show up on their reservation options--that needs to be fixed) and the 3rd night in a loft suite (the Captain's suite was not available the 3rd night; we made plans last minute) we loved everything!! It reminded us so much of the Pink Shell Resort in Fort Myers...minus the jellyfish, sea weed, salt water and cost of air fare to get there. The water was crystal clear, and you could walk for yards into the lake and only be thigh high in the water. My boys ages 5, 11 and 14 cannot wait to go back. If you've been to the Dells, the water park is smaller, no doubt, but it is still wet. We loved going from the beach, to the outdoor pool to the water park and back to the lake again.

I don't get why they don't have a path to the beach in front of the resort. The boulders you must climb up or down ARE very dangerous. I asked the gal at the front desk if there were any drop offs we should be aware of out in the water, she didn't say one way or the other, rather we should be swimming at the public beach down the way. ???? It is amazing how far out you can walk into the lake, and that's why I asked, I sure didn't want to see one of my boys "disappear" from a drop off. I think people staying at the resort expect to use the resort beach and not the public beach. Can someone answer why there is no path?

The service in the main restaurant is very slow. We read that on here, so we were expecting as much. The service at the breakfast buffet was pretty much non-exsistent, and we stood waiting for too long for the omelette maker person to come back to make omelettes. It was like we were invisible. My husband actually had to go get our own water, again, because we were apparently invisible. Needless to say, we ate there one time only. Funny thing is, the Pink Shell in Fl had the same exact service issues as this place!

Beware the Italian restaurant across the parking lot----eeewwww-----no kids menu (owner clearly does this to keep kids away--hello!!! This is across the street from a family resort) he came across smug and arrogant--I believe because we had kids with us. And the food was mediocre at best.

We were trying to think of something last minute to do Labor Day weekend and really considered going back to Blue Resort, but with school starting on Tuesday, it is a little longer drive than we'd prefer. So, we will be going back next summer and will stay longer. We want to do one of those fishing guides while we are there.

The website reservations availability is not always accurate. Website really needs a resort map. Resort fee is quite high and ups the nightly charge significantly. But, it is cheaper than going to Florida.

Parking IS free. Someone mentioned they had to pay. Not the case.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sheboygan
Harbor Winds
Harbor Winds
#6 of 11 in Sheboygan
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel - Sheboygan
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
La Quinta Inn Sheboygan
La Quinta Inn Sheboygan
#5 of 11 in Sheboygan
Victorian Village Resort
Victorian Village Resort
#2 of 2 in Elkhart Lake

Been to Blue Harbor Resort? Share your experiences!