“Great wedding venue, very relaxing.”
Review of Blue Harbor Resort

Blue Harbor Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Chicago, Illinois
“Great wedding venue, very relaxing.”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We came here for a wedding. Overall, I had a really nice time. The wedding was well-organized, I enjoyed my room, and the location is absolutely beautiful. I will admit, I was a little put off by the fact that I had to pay my first night's stay in full before I even arrived. It seems a little excessive. We got a whirlpool suite, so I ended up paying about $260 three months before we even stayed there. I did really enjoy our room. The whirlpool was nice, we had a fireplace, and a beautiful view of Lake Michigan. A couple things I didn't like about our room- it was cold, and maybe it was user error, but I could not find temperature controls at all. It felt like the air conditioning was still on. We moderated this with the fireplace, so it ended up being ok. But, also, I think maybe a comforter was missing from our bed? We only had the sheet and a fleece blanket on the bed. A down comforter would have been really nice, especially considering how cold it was outside, or really any kind of comforter. The fixtures in our shower needed to be replaced- they were tarnished and outdated. As far as the wedding went, for the most part it was well-organized and enjoyable. The only negative aspect was that the bartenders were rude. One side of the hall was for free beer, the other side was for regular drinks. The bartender working on the free beer side was frequently absent, causing many of us to wait awhile for beer. This really isn't a big deal, and I enjoyed my stay despite these few minute negative experiences. Our room was beautiful, the view was beautiful, and we would definitely stay here again if we ever came back to the Sheboygan area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We came to the hotel for our wedding anniversary. We loved our lakeview suite. It had a whirlpool and fireplace. The balconies were a nice feature too! We enjoyed our stay. Great service at the hotel! The bartender Spencer was nice and helpful. Perfect getaway for couple or a family at a very reasonable rate! We will be back!

• Stayed September 2011
Montreal
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My employer is from the area, and we had a two day sales meeting at this resort. The rooms were nice, rather large, and the view was fantastic. The resort is huge, and a little difficult to get around. I'm sure this place is full of young families during the summer months, and they seem to cater to corporate meetings / mini conventions. Free wifi and free parking was nice. The immediate area looked very touristic, with lots of shops and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Check in was fast and the receptionist was very friendly. Our room was on the top floor and had a very beautiful view of Lake Michigan. We were supposed to have a bottle of chilled champagne in our room upon arrival which they forgot. We had to call the front desk to have this brought up to our room. The room was nice and comfy. Saturday morning the weather was just perfect to walk down by the lake. They had chairs available to sit in and look out over the water. We enjoyed the spa and had a very relaxing couples massage. Friday night we had dinner at Latitudes which I would NOT recommend. The waitress was very friendly but the food was terrible! We did enjoy the bar located by the lobby. Bartender was super nice! Saturday we enjoyed a long walk around the lake and down the pier. Again beautiful views! We had dinner at Lino’s Italian restaurant which was very good! Over all our stay at Blue Harbor was a much needed get away weekend that we both enjoyed very much.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a lake view room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Meggan F
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We had such a enjoyable, relaxing time. Our room was perfect, and very very clean. It was very pleasant, not noisy and crowded with people. I can't wait to go back!!! The food was so good at all the restaurants that we dined at. That includes inside the resort as well as the surrounding places near by. Great place to take bikes and great place to walk along the beach on Lake Michigan. Wanted to get to the State park but time did not allow us to that. There were local events going on right near the resort as well which made it fun too. Took our 2 teenage girls and it gave them time to gear down before they started their junior yr in HS. You got to go, it is a must!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My kids love the water park (and the beach)!! We always get a condo and have a great view of the lake! So glad friends recommended this place!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Viola, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We loved our trip here in August. We stayed in a villa near the water park. The beach was very nice & the water park was just right for the age group (11/2 year old plus 2- 3 year olds) plus parents & grandparents. We brought in our food so even a picnic on our last day was doable. We hope to make this an annual family get-together. Staff was helpful so everything was perfect for us!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sheboygan
Harbor Winds
Harbor Winds
#6 of 11 in Sheboygan
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel - Sheboygan
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
Inn on Woodlake
Inn on Woodlake
#2 of 2 in Kohler
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
La Quinta Inn Sheboygan
La Quinta Inn Sheboygan
#5 of 11 in Sheboygan

Been to Blue Harbor Resort? Share your experiences!