“Great stop for breakfast or lunch”

Whistling Straits Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 166 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Enjoy a scenic view of Lake Michigan in this rustic Irish Farmhouse setting. Whistling Straits serves a mixture of innovative and classic cuisine with Irish & British influences.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

An excellent selection of breakfast items on their buffett and a varied selection on the menu for lunch. Daily change of soup on the lunch menu which is excellent. The service is in keeping with the rest of the Kohler location, excellent.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We just wanted to see the course and have something to eat at The Pub. The course is absolutely gorgeous! It reminded me of Tralee in Ireland. It's worth a trip out to see it. If I went again I would only have a drink in the Pub. The food was bad! What a surprise! Everything was over cooked except my friends vegetables which weren't cooked at all!!! She had asked for a gluten free menu. Evidently they had just changed from the lunch menu to dinner. The waitress had given her a lunch menu and came back and changed it to dinner. The prices were very high so she decided to get a slider with no bun and vegetables. The slider was cold and hard cooked. And I think they opened a bag of veggies and just threw them on the plate.
The only thing they did well was my cosmopolitan was delicious!

2  Thank SJS6500
Reviewed June 9, 2014

A Great Restaurant to go with the golf experience. Get in for time to do happy hour and enjoy the view!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We've been to this incredible place many times and our visit last week did not disappoint. Many times, enroute from Milwaukee to Door Co, we've made the detour to stop for lunch. Many times we've also stayed at The American Club and it's a given that we'll come to Whistling Straits at least once or twice. This has a feel like nothing else I've found in the U.S. (not that I'm so so welltraveled but I've been a place or two). As you approach the main Clubhouse (wherein lies the Restaurant), you'll feel you're near an Irish coast - craggy and a bit overcome with plantings and grasses. Then the Clubhouse itself emerges and is charming but magnificent. Native stone. Simple but complex. But (especially as a non golfer) it is when you enter the building that you get your biggest treat. Warm, certainly elegant. Off to the right is the ProShop. A beautiful fire flickers warming you on a chilly April day. Yes, the ProShop has a beautiful fireplace with big comfy chairs next to it. You shop. You talk. You retreat into the restaurant for a nice bowl of soup or Fish&Chips. A nice glass of wine or a pint. Another fireplace beckons. Your booth or table looks out over the craggy Lake Michigan coast. Windswept and wild. Elegant.
Right now I am even sad that I'm not there. Oh, well. Next time.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The food in the Irish Pub was above average; not outstanding. However the beer selection, including the exclusive Jigger Ale, is great. The service was outstanding and the views from the restaurant incredible.

3  Thank Michael D