“Loved it for the beach, need to go camping next time”

Kohler-Andrae State Park
Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Sheboygan
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular lakefront state park was established in the 1920s.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We drove up here for the day and loved it. The beach is great. We didn't camp, but the camping looked nice too. I was a little surprised of the size of the park; for some reason, I was expecting a large park and it wasn't too big. I still want to get back there.

1  Thank Jennifer M
in 25 reviews
"sites"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We discovered this park last summer and are so excited to be going back next week! The beach is incredible...does not even feel like Lake Michigan. Its like being in the Carolina's! Soft white sand, and best of all, it is dog friendly!!! The weekend we went, the dog beach was practically empty and we were able to tire out the fur babies, so we could kick back and relax at the camp site later that night. The campsites are nice. We prefer more secluded sites and there are some to chose from. The bathrooms are clean, the grounds are well maintained, and people are quiet at night. Not a party campground. Nice and relaxing weekend away from home.

Also: the office has beach wheelchairs available! I have never seen one before and thought it was super cool they had them for use for the public!

1  Thank pibbleluv2
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I so enjoyed hiking up and down the dunes along Lake Michigan thanks to the wonderful boardwalk running parallel to the lake. What a gorgeous state park! It was a cool and breezy weekday, so the beach and hills were ours alone. We felt like explorers discovering uncharted wild land. Then we came upon a few families with children running up and down the sandy terrain. The waves were high, so no one was venturing into the water at that time, but it was breathtaking just the same.

2  Thank Joyce S
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I have done volunteer work in state parks from coast to coast, so we have seen quite a number of state parks. Kohler-Andrae ranks in the top five parks we have visited. The park is clean and well maintained. The staff is professional and friendly. They have a very nice family campground and a top notch nature center. Given all these factors, and then the beautiful location on the lakeshore, you have a real winner.

3  Thank herbeehusker