“Big experience”

Kohler-Andrae State Park
Ranked #3 of 28 things to do in Sheboygan
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular lakefront state park was established in the 1920s.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

So many things to do there-Sleep in a tepee, camp out, playground, swim in Lake Michigan, Eco friendly building(lots of learning experences) Outdoor seminars, sand dune walks(lighted)wildlife, kid friendly & super campsites. Best in camping!!!

4  Thank bearhunter4

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The beach was really taken care of. Clean, no trash, very nice. The nearby changing areas and restrooms we clean and needed! Our family really enjoyed the beach and the park.

2  Thank SteveWI0001
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Outing at the park was a great experience for all our friends. We grilled and had drinks. Played water volley ball and had a great time. The lake was quite serene and shallow enough for fun.
Will visit again if possible.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is a nice park for a family stay.

Pros- very quite place (the place was dead by sunset), showers and flush restrooms were decent, campsites are very close to the lake and the sandy lake edge beaches were great, camp sites are clean with nice fire pits and tables, overall the park is well kept.

Cons- tons of little dead fish on the beaches and lake edge (they were everywhere), was almost too quite....with kids made you feel uncomfortable when they were enjoying the camp fire at night, firewood is expensive, pit toilets are nasty, racoons are a nuisance at night (keep you stuff cleaned up and tight).

We would definately camp here again.

2  Thank turtletrunk
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was looking for a place to hang during the day of the fourth of July, and I wasn't going to leave my dog behind. So I did a search, and luckily this place came up.
I live in Fond du Lac, so it wasn't that far.
It was very hot last year (2012), so the sand was hot! But the water was cold, and it was nice to see other dogs...
If parking lots are full, you may have to walk a bit. I wish I could take my dog to the inside parts with me...
And it seemed that the beach was not quite as nice in the dog friendly section as it was in the non dog section.
But overall pretty nice.
I hope the water is safe to swim in, cause we both went in.

1  Thank Jaime N