“Good food and family fun”

Al & Al's Steinhaus
Ranked #82 of 162 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Lemont, Illinois
“Good food and family fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Been here several times and have never been disappointed. Decor is a little dated, but it doesn't matter, the food and live entertainment are the reasons to visit.

Visited October 2013

Saint Paul
“Al & Al's - good old fashioned German place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

We were in town visiting some friends, and our group ended up coming here for dinner on a Saturday. We were there fairly early for dinner, so it wasn't very busy. You enter through the bar side of the place, so we ordered drinks there to start. Considering the great beer selections at other places in Sheboygan, this place did not have quite as many choices, even though the bar display seemed stocked quite well with other beverage options (liquor).

Dinner: everyone in our group of eight people / four couples seemed to really enjoy their meals. I was going to just get the salad bar, but I opted for a wrap sandwich and had the salad bar as an add on for only a couple dollars over what just the salad bar price would have been. I was glad I made this choice as I was pleasantly full from just the salad bar and was able to take the delicious sandwich to go. The salad bar had lots of choices for toppings, soups and sides, and the dressing tasted homemade.

This appeared to be a family friendly restaurant which, for our somewhat boisterous group may not have been the best choice at the time. However, our server was friendly, personable and seemed very experienced with groups, and she handled everything perfectly. There was an interesting mix of people here, and as we were there it got busier and appeared to be a popular place.

I'd like to try this place again, perhaps with just my husband and maybe one other couple. Or maybe for the start of an evening with a group. I would recommend Al & Al's.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank MamaJodes
Holland, Michigan
“Best German Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

It is just a neighborhood establishment but excellent German food and good German beers to go along with the food. I will go back the next time I am in Sheboygan.

• Visited October 2013
texas
“All Around Great German Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

What a great find in Sheboygan!! Well rounded, old-time German menu. The Bavarian saurbraten is just what you would expect. Sides of potato dumplings and red cabbage were perfect. Soup and salad bar included with the meal. Very nice selection on the salad bar. My favorite is the vinegar slaw. My wife only wanted the soup and salad bar. We figured out that you can order a four piece fried chicken dinner that comes with a potato choice, and the soup and salad bar included for only $.50 more than the soup and salad bar alone. Took the chicken home. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. We are going to go back again.

• Visited August 2013
Mooresville, North Carolina
“My German fix every year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I found this place last year when I was in Sheboygan for work. A group of us went to eat and this was my first trip to a German restaurant. When we walked out I was so full I could hardly move. The salad and soup bar are awesome along with my schnizel was very good. This year we all went back to eat and it was just as good as the first time.

• Visited June 2013