“Great Hotel-Low Cost”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Springdale, AR
“Great Hotel-Low Cost”
Reviewed March 23, 2009

This hotel has been remodeled since the previous ratings. It is clean and comfortable, offers a free breakfast with waffles. A great value at $56.00 per night. My stay was for 4 nights. I will stay here again on future business trips to Sheboygan.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Illinois
Reviewed October 7, 2007

When we entered our room after driving quite a while, I was quite anxious to use the bathroom. The light bulb was dead. When we did finally have light, we noticed about 1/4 inch of dust on the bathroom vent. The edging on the blankets was tattered and crumbling off. The worse was after I showered and I noticed a dark black public hair embedded in the towel fibers. I do not have black hair. With all the complaints we made, the best they were willing to offer was a free movie to view. This place needs to make serious changes and improve the conditions. It was disgusting enough that I would not stay there again even if it was free.

Stayed July 2007
8 Thank swkittie
San Jose
Reviewed June 27, 2007

Where to begin? There are stains on the chair and ottoman. No luggage rack for the suitcase. The hallway smells like someone dumped a wet ashtray on the carpet. The bedspread and drapes are hideous. Our room doesn't inspire the confidence of clean. Two star rating is one star too many. Think Super 8 with a downgrade. The only perk of this hotel is the free wifi. If you have the choice, stay somewhere else.

• Liked — free wifi
  • Disliked — everything was bad
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
12 Thank bdubs9
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 6, 2005

First off, I'm a corporate pilot who stays in hotels about 150+ nights a year. In my three years of being on the road, I have never stayed at a place that was truly this bad.

To begin with, the rooms are filthy. The first room I got actually had mold growing on the wall behind the toilet. And I'm talking mold that was about 6-8" up and down - this wasn't something that was easily missed. I immediately requested a new room which they quickly accomodated. Things didn't seem to get that much better.

My next room I had several spots of mold in the shower, and you could tell that there was no effort made to clean around the toilet or the inside of the shower.

The top bedding was dirty, to the point that I took it off and left it on the floor next to the bed. Like anothe reviewer said BRING YOUR OWN PILLOW! I don't think I got one good nights sleep because their pillows were so flat.

The rooms were ver poorly insulated, and several times I'd walk out into the hall and hear other peoples TV sets playing, and people talking in their rooms. Another reviewer also mentioned the air conditioner only having two settings blasting hot, or arctic cold. I agree completely. I never could get the room regulated the whole time I was there, so I ended up spending most of the late days and evenings with the window open just enjoying the beautiful outside air instead.

The co-pilot I was flying with had a stopped up toilet one night, so he called down to the front desk to have a maintenance guy come in and fix it. 20 minutes later a teenage comes up to his room with a plunger and gives it to him and tells him he'll need to fix it himself. He called down to the front desk and they told him the maintenance guy goes home everyday at 3pm.

Also beware if you don't have a rental car. There is NO PLACE to eat around the hotel! There is only two restraunts within walking distance: Luigi's, and a pretty good steakhouse whos name I can't recall now. Luigi's offers good homemade italian food, but if your there more then a couple days, you'll be sick of having to eat the same thing everyday!

Then come checkout time, there was a $40/night discrepancy on our hotel bills. We hadn't received any of the discounts that we had been told we'd get when we checked in. The front desk was very uncooperative in the matter until I called the local airport FBO (who had made our plans) and had them call and straighten it out with them.

With all that said, I do have to compliment the housekeepers and office staff was overall very cooperative and helpful (minus the billing issue). Everyone was real friendly and they were nice to answer any questions, and recommendations for us. Too bad the hotel wasn't as great as the staff.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business