“THANK YOU!!”

Bookworm Gardens
Ranked #1 of 26 things to do in Sheboygan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Open seasonally, May 1- Oct. 31. Botanic Garden based on children's literature in Sheboygan, WI.
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“THANK YOU!!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

You can read the rest of the reviews to see that is an extraordinary place for people of all ages. BWG is fun, educational, and shockingly stunning.

What people visiting from afar may not realize is that BWG exemplifies the capacity of the human heart. It illustrates how one (not so) ordinary person can do extraordinary things. How she has created an environment for children to learn, play, and reconnect with nature and their loved ones.

This humbles me during every visit with my girls and makes me want to do more for my community. I'm so glad that when I make a donation to BWG, I can see exactly where my money goes. Thanks S.L.!

Sheboygan, WI
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Perfect place to spend with your kids...or even just alone for a beautiful experience”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

You can't believe the little details that have gone into the Bookworm Gardens. Beautiful guardians. Many different seating places to rest or read a book. Lots of play areas for the kids.

Naperville, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Incredible place for story-loving kids!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were taking a family getaway at Blue Harbor Resort and found this hidden gem. We lucked out by being here opening weekend.
The place is made up of gardens that are themed and relevant to childhood stories. There were many that we knew and a few we didn't, but all in all, a wonderful story time adventure.
My two girls age 9 and 5 loved exploring this area. Whether it was hanging out in the three little pigs houses of straw, stick or bricks, or building a fairy house near scuplted mushrooms under a huge fir tree, my girls had a wonderful time exploring.
There were still lots of plants that needed to grow (first weekend of May was probably very early to expect much) but the settings were super cute and we really felt like we were experiencing the stories.
We later learned that as you enter each "section" there is a little box that has laminated copies of the stories that are depicted in the gardens. THAT was cool!
We probably spent almost two hours here.
In the Little House on the Prairie house, my girls used little brooms to sweep the wood floor.
In the Japanese Tea House, they raked the zen garden and poured "tea"
They really loved Winnie the Pooh's house - carved out of a tree trunk.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Magical!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

If you have kids of your own, or are a kid at heart, this place is a must see. My four kids LOVE visiting Bookworm Gardens. We could spend an entire day walking around enjoying each differently themed garden area, reading, and playing. To be honest, there were just as many adults enjoying the grounds as there were children. It is so beautiful and each and every time you visit you notice something new.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Katchic22
Pleasant Grove, Utah
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“My Kids Love It Here”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I nanny for a family with 3 kids and we decided to go to Sheboygan for our family vacation. Bookworm Gardens was without a doubt the kids' favorite part of the trip. We ended up staying for hours and never ran out of things to do or see. It's the cutest little storybook garden and even the adults were having fun. It's a fun and educational place. We took our own lunches and had a picnic. The park is very clean and well looked after. The decor and surrounding scenery is gorgeous. I would definitely go back. This place is worth visiting!

Visited August 2012