“Magical place for children of all ages”
Review of Bookworm Gardens

Bookworm Gardens
Ranked #1 of 28 things to do in Sheboygan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Open seasonally, May 1- Oct. 31. Botanic Garden based on children's literature in Sheboygan, WI.
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Our houseguests had two small children so we went to Bookworm Gardens one afternoon. The kids just loved it all, beginning with the magic schoolbus - they were able to open and close the door themselves. This place is "hands on" for the kids - each garden is charming and related to a well known children's book. Our guests enjoyed seeing the books they are familiar with come to life. There are plenty of places to sit and enjoy the gardens, and there are "book nooks" spread throughout the garden where visitors can select a book to read and enjoy during their visit.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was our second visit to the Bookworm Gardens and it is the best place to take kids in the midwest.One could easily spend 2-3 hours exploring all of the displays and reading the books throughout the grounds. We came from over 200 miles away and it was the highlight of our trip. If you have children and are traveling anywhere near Sheboygan you most make a stop.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We spent an afternoon exploring these beautiful gardens on a trip to Sheboygan. We had an 8 y.o 10 y.o and I brought my 81 y.o granny. We all enjoyed the gardens.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This place is Amazing. My small children loved it. Very clever execution and well maintained. I recommend this place to anyone but its really for kids.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

First off, we went on a day that was raining, and hard. It rained for hours. But the place is so cool, my kids did not care about the rain. The gardens are excellent representations of the books. And my kids loved that they placed books throughout the gardens so they could sit, even in the rain, and read. I'm sure it's more fun in the sun, but we loved it anyway.

Been to Bookworm Gardens? Share your experiences!