“Bad Pizza”
Review of Il Ritrovo

Il Ritrovo
Ranked #1 of 164 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Roscoe, Illinois
“Bad Pizza”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We ordered the daily pizza special to go... for $16+ we received a 4 piece pizza. The topping was very skimpy and started 1.5" from the edge of the crust which was burned. We should have returned it but it was not worth the drive back. Wish I had taken a photo to share...

On the other hand the bakery items were very good, the building was cute and the employees very friendly.

Suggest trying something else on the menu.

• Visited May 2013

Kiel, Wisconsin
“An authentic Italian pizzeria / ristorante in Sheboygan”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I used to travel extensively in Italy and encountered many local eateries there very similar to Il Ritrovo "the meeting place" in Sheboygan. A limited menu with a wide selection of antipastos, individual pizzas in a wood-fired oven, vino, etc. It is one of our favorites and went there last night to celebrate a big event. It was excellent as always. We had the bruschetta, a mussels / clams appetizer, and several pizzas, including my personal "quattro stazzione" and a "quattro formaggi". Washed it down with Asti for those who wanted wine, a good beer selection for others, and San Pellegrino sparkling water. Finished off with a variety of great desserts incl. tiramisu and gelatos! A bit pricey at $190 total incl. tip for six people, but worth every Lira. ;-) Very highly recommended for either lunch or dinner.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Right up there with New York pizzas”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My fiance and I drove an hour just to check this place out after reading reviews. Definitely worth it. We lived in New York for a year before moving to Wisconsin wanted to find a legit pizza place. This place was so good I can easily justify the drive.

The pizza is Neapolitan style - which is different from some of the places I liked in NY (Keste, Artichoke). But I could see this place being in NY and just as happening.

• Visited March 2013
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, United States
“Top notch ingredients!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Speechless!!....... If you like 100% real Neapolitan style pizza, I would highly recommend this place. The ingredients are top notch. The soups and salads are the best I have had. We arrived at Il Ritrovo at 3:30 pm and the kitchen was closed. They reopened for dinner at 5:00 pm, so we sat down at the bar and deiced to wait, and believe me it's worth the wait! The owner was very accommodating, and bought us each a glass of wine. We also ordered an antipasti plate that was wonderful. We each had a pizza, shared a soup and a salad. Wonderful atmosphere and great wait staff. I love the concept of true Italian pizza, less is better, so that you can appreciate and taste each and every ingredient, This is real Italian pizza, with out the tons of sauce, smothered in cheese and a pound of meat. If thats what you like, stick to the good old American pizza.

1 Thank Jeff C
Wisconsin
“Expensive, but very good.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm a big fan of Neopolitan pizza. Our server, Virginia, was very friendly. She explained, in detail, the nightly specials. One thing I wish she mentioned, were the prices of the dishes. I was surprised to find out the pizza we ordered was $23. I think this would have persuaded me not to order this item and choose something different. $23 is expensive for a 10 inch pizza, in my opinion. We also ordered another pizza and the funduta appetizer. The funduta was fantastic! It's bufala mozzarella with san marzano tomatoes, cooked in a crock, with proscuitto on top, served with greens and garlic toast. All the bread is made fresh and in house. It's artisan bread and well made. We enjoyed our experience here, but was thrown back by how much one of the pizzas cost. I would return again in the future, possibly to try their sister Italian restaurant across the street.

1 Thank ltl_leah

Been to Il Ritrovo? Share your experiences!