“Classy place, excellent food”
Review of Rupps Downtown

Rupps Downtown
Ranked #12 of 164 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Kewanee, Illinois
“Classy place, excellent food”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Rupps is one of our favorite spots in Sheboygan. The food is top notch; you can hardly miss when you choose from the menu. The salad bar is excellent too, recommended. It's also quiet, if you're looking for that.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank BFE26

Manitowoc, Wisconsin
“Average is correct”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Food was good - but the value is not there. For what you pay, there are better places out there. You won't be disappointed with the food. Service was good also. Agreed with one of the previous reviews - the interior hasn't changed in forever. You'd think that since every asset in this place has been paid for 30 times over, they'd either give you more for your money or do some updating.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank john-54220
Grand Rapids, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very average”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The service was great, but the food was ok. The atmosphere was a throw back to the 60s. The restaurant seemed clean, but could use an update.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Cate C
“Nothing can beat it.”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Nothing can beat this fantastic place. My boyfriend and I were referred to try this place since we have yet to find a great place to eat in Sheboygan. The ambiance was great very peaceful and relaxing, we were able to enjoy dinner without a large group of people surrounding. Our waitress was very pleasant and she had great service. We ordered the large tenderloin with creamy garlic chicken soup salad bar and baked potato. The salad bar had fresh veggies which were delicious the soup was to die for with great flavor and as dinner arrived I cut open my steak cooked to my perfection as I took the first bite and it melted into my mouth I was one satisfied lady and no complaints from the man. Towards end the waitress asked if we would like desert I asked if she had a menu and instead brought a plate of the most delicious looking things I had to order even though I was stuffed. It was a bit pricey but worth every penny.

Chicago, Illinois
“Best steak evah!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Rupp's was recommended to us when we stayed at Blue Harbor Inn. Great old school steakhouse/supper club with a salad bar and naugahyde booths. Looks like it hasnt changed since the 50s but clean and comfy.

Our steaks were melt in-your-mouth tender and tasty. Lots of non-steak items on the menu too, so everyone will be happy here. Will definitely return!

• Visited September 2012