“Great place to stay”

GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel - Sheboygan
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel was a great place to stay. My husband and I booked the whirlpool suite and the room was quite spacious. The room was very clean, the bed was very comfy. It would be a great place to stay if you were there for longer than a night for sure. The only thing I would complain about was that they boasted a Gourmet Express Breakfast but it's just really your average continental breakfast. Otherwise we had a very nice time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank destinationxanywhere
Nathan W, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel - Sheboygan, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your time here with us. Thank you for sharing your experience. I’m sorry to hear you felt our Gourmet Express Breakfast did not live up to your expectations. We work hard to meet all guests’ needs, and we exceed all franchise and industry standards in our breakfast with two separate hot food warming trays and rotating daily menu options along with the wide variety of cold items available. With that said, I look forward to finding new ways of meeting and exceeding your expectations. I will keep your comments in mind when improving our breakfast offerings in the future. Thank you!

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a family reunion! The hotel is nice! Rooms a great for longer stays, each having a kitchen, two tv's! Nice bedding! The breakfast is a great bonus! The pool is small but nice to have! Basketball court and play area for kids, even a gas grill! This hotel is located downtown and a quick walk to Lake Michigan! Farmers market on Saturday just down the block! Highly recommend this hotel if you ever go to Sheboygan!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank chastain3

Our extended stay accommodations are ideal for all travelers. I’m glad you were able to utilize so many of the hotel’s amenities and experience all the wonderful aspects of downtown Sheboygan during your special event weekend. Thank you for the recommendation!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Great stay. Nice accommodations, great location only a couple of blocks from the beach, and it really is a great beach, albeit with icy water. (Well, WI isn't exactly tropical).

Breakfast is fine and staff were nice, we had a 4th floor room and not noisy at all. A really nice stay.

One minor thing is that there seems to be a lot of seagulls hovering over the hotel so you WILL have to wash your car after leaving the car park after a couple of days. It is near the beach so it's understandable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MaxShiraz
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel is easy to get to, and in a nice area. The hotel appears to be very new, and it was clean (public spaces and room) and nicely decorated. The staff was always super friendly. Breakfasts were good (waffles, scrambled eggs or omelets, bacon or sausage, sweet breads, yogurt, drinks) and the eating area was nice-sized and kept clean. Lora, the girl who worked in the dining area most mornings, went out of her way to see that our experience was good. We had six people in a handicapped accessible room, and it was very spacious. There was a dishwasher, fridge, microwave and 2-burner stove. We had 2 queen beds, a full-sized pull out sofa and 2 flat screen t.v.s w/ built-in DVD players. We intend to stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank M B
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have been staying at the Grandstay for the past several weeks for work, and I can't say enough about how accommodating and friendly their staff is. I was trying to hook up my Roku to the hotel's network, and was having difficulty. Both of the front desk girls came up to help me, and after getting an error on the TV screen, about 1/2 hour after the girls left my room, they called to tell me they Googled the error I was getting and I what suggested things I should try. Way above the call of duty, and very much appreciated. Also, the lady that makes the fantastic breakfasts in the morning was always so helpful. One day I was running late, and she told me, "It looks like you're in a hurry. Let me get some juice for you. She then ran to open the outer door for me too. Very nice. Also, my first night of checking in, I had quite a bit of luggage with me. One of the staff said,"Oh it looks like you could use some help". She wheeled my suitcase up one floor into my room. All of these things certainly are noticed and very much appreciated. You don't always have staff that are that helpful. The rooms are wonderful and very, very clean. Love that the hotel is only 4 years old, and all the windows are able to be opened, which I loved at night for fresh air. The only negative is that I have to pay $10/day to have my cats with me which will end up costing me quite a bit out of my pocket. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank blueeyes792
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My stay here was truly exceptional. Everything from the friendly front desk staff that are most accommodating, to the cleanest rooms I have very stayed in, and a breakfast while not over the top, still had something to offer anyone. Definitely would stay here again and search out other Grandstay properties.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Absh100
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I said here June of 2013. We have to have a suite with seperate bedroom because of snoring...lol. The room was clean and very nice. The staff super friendly. Everyone we met was very pleasant. We had an issue with a dog barking in one of the rooms at 11:30 at night and the front desk was helpful and very quick to get it quiet after I helped determine where it was. The breakfast was nice in the morning! Lots of variety. The room with snacks and stuff was surprisingly stocked with all sorts of items. Pool pretty small but inside. Had a nice work out area and play are for the kids. It was a very quite hotel during the night. (minus the dogs, ha) Of coarse the doors closing from other rooms very noisy but other than that a great stay. One of the nicest experiences for the money. Definately would go back.

Room Tip: I stayed in the one bedroom suite can't say anything for regular rooms.