“Very Relaxing Getaway”

GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel - Sheboygan
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We went to the Grandstay right from our wedding reception. After all the stress and the rattled nerves we knew we needed a couple of nights to just decompress. Our room was beautiful. Loved the way it was set up with a full kitchenette and living area & seperated bedroom. It also had a whirlpool tub area w/sitting room and then full bathroom. Very spacious. Staff was very helpful with questions we had. Also, location is excellent with top notch eating establishments close by and shopping right out the front door.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeanne m
Nathan W, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel - Sheboygan, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

We're glad you were able to peel yourself away from our wonderful Whirlpool Suite and enjoy our local restaurants and attractions. We couldn't be happier to know that we were able to provide you a relaxing getaway after your special event. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Everything is great here except there is no wifi connection. Couldn't get one last night or today and when we called the front desk they said to call some phone number for help. Not too concerned. When you need to do work pick somewhere else

• Stayed: January 2013
Nathan W, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel - Sheboygan, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you, our business travelers’ feedback is very important to us. While we strive to provide the highest quality products and services; sometimes systems, such as our wireless internet, experience fluctuations in service. You will be happy to know we have recently increased our internet speeds throughout our system to help address this very topic, and we look forward to continuing to serve business travelers while you're away from home!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Our family stayed at this hotel over the weekend for a cheer competition. It was just what we needed. It was in the heart of downtown close to restaurants, but close enough to South High School. We were greeted right when we walked in. The clerk even offered to make dinner reservations for us! Our room was very clean and updated. Comfortable beds and great t.v's. Breakfast had a good selection and the hot items were hot. My only complaint was that it was a very windy night, and our room was right behind the front sign - so it creaked in the wind, which kept waking me up. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2012

When winter storm Draco made it impossible for me to travel home I was forced into either sleeping in my office or finding a place to stay in Sheboygan. Thankfully the Grandstay was close and extremely accommodating. I had never stayed at a Grandstay before but if the experience of the Sheboygan location is akin to other Grandstay Hotels then my preference is set. The room was very comfortable, I liked that I had an actual digital thermostat to control temperature, the full kitchen was also a plus. Although I did not use it I thought it to be a great convienence for anyone on an extended stay.
The bedroom was seperate from the living room/kitchen area which again I found to be unique and somewhat more inviting than your typical hotel room set up. The biggest plus was the option to watch TV in either the living room space or the bedroom. It was nice to be able to relax in a bed and watch a mounted flat screen TV, made it seem more like I was at home or visiting a relative over staying in a hotel. Overall the entire room was extremely clean and well kept.
I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, although I am a cereal and coffee person they did appear to have a nice variety.
I have stayed in many hotels over the years while traveling and I would put my experience at the Grandstay as one of the best for not only the pricing but the unique room set up as well as the excellent staff. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in Sheboygan.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed three days at the Grandstay Residential Suites Hotel in Sheboygan, and it was a very comfortable suite--main room with kitchenette, bathroom and bedroom. The suite's size kept me from feeling claustrophobic during my stay. I could watch TV in either the main room or bedroom, and the large table separating the kitchenette from the main room was convenient for work.

There were three negatives: 1) the bathroom in my suite had clearly suffered some water damage in both ceiling and floor. However, the woman at the desk apologized, and told me they'd have maintenance take a look at it right away. 2) One previous review mentioned being able to hear noise from other rooms, and I found this to be true--one night there was someone very active in the room above me, making lots of alarming thuds and bangs and making it difficult to concentrate. I also heard someone snoring in the adjoining room when I woke up one morning, though that may say more about the snorer than about the room. My final issue was that I found the complimentary breakfast very average. The egg offerings seemed watery, and the "gravy" for the biscuits one morning seemed like little more than a white sauce. There was a choice of cereals and toastable breads, and some basic fruit. But I'd probably run over to the coffeeshop called Paradigm for breakfast in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Nathan W, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel - Sheboygan, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

sparkygalBoston - Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the accommodations our guest rooms provide. Our goal is to provide you with comfort while you're away from home for business or leisure travel!

We have addressed the water issue, and I'm so glad you shared that concern with the desk staff during your stay so we could address it promptly! We continually strive to improve service to our guest, so all your comments are greatly appreciated!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I like staying at this hotel. The rooms feel more like apartments than a hotel because they have a full kitchen with plates and silverware etc., plus a large living area. The bathroom is also very large. They beds aren't that comfortable and the breakfast is on the suckier end of the free hotel breakfasts I've experienced. The fitness center and pool are quite small. My chief complaint though is how thin the walls are. I had to sleep with earplugs in for two nights because the guy next to me snored like a lumberjack and I could hear the people walking around in the room above me.

Room Tip: Get breakfast at Johnston's Bakery on Superior Ave. instead of settling for free hotel breakfast...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank barronerin

barronerin, thank you for your comments. I’m happy to hear you are able to take advantage of our offerings as an extended stay hotel. Our suites are built and furnished with our guests’ needs in mind!

Thank you for your comments about our breakfast also, we strive to provide an above average complimentary buffet breakfast and your comments help us stay in touch with our guests' expectations. You can save the trip to Johnston’s Bakery though, they deliver all out pastries and bread products fresh each morning!

We do apologize for your inconvenience due to the noise issue and we take your comment very seriously. Please be sure to notify the front desk staff in the future if you have any concerns, we are here to ensure your stay is peaceful and enjoyable!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We needed quickly to find a hotel in Sheboygan after a family emergency. Based on Trip Advisor reviews, we chose the Grandstay because we needed enough space for three adults and two children and a pool to keep the kids entertained. The two-bedroom suite with a pull-out bed was just perfect. While the rooms are nothing luxurious, they are comfy, clean, spacious, and convenient ... And the price is right. If we had more time, we would have enjoyed walking to the nearby park and the lakefront.

For a true vacation, I would recommend the Blue Harbor Resort over the Grandstay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family