“Grandstay gave us a grand stay!”

GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel - Sheboygan
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Sussex, Wisconsin
“Grandstay gave us a grand stay!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

My mother, sister and I decided to take an overnight trip to Sheboygan for a girls night away. I researched hotels on Trip Advisor and decided upon the Grandstay. I am so glad I did. From the minute we walked through the door, it was a great experience. Brenda (I hope I remembered her name correctly) was very welcoming, friendly and helpful at the desk. Our room was the cleanest hotel room I have stayed in in a very long time. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast buffet had more to offer than I have seen. The woman servicing the buffet was also very helpful, friendly and kept the place spotless. All three of us were impressed by the entire experience!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sue7757

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I was in Sheboygan Wisconsin for a jury trial for one week and stayed at this hotel. I wasn't expecting very much and was pleasantly surprised at the size of the room and the workstation. the beds were comfortable in the room was very clean. Nothing spectacular but definitely livable for extended period time. Was surprise that it came with a complete kitchen including a dishwasher and all necessary cooking equipment. My only complaint about the room is that there were not sufficient numbers of outlets for electronic equipment additionally, there was insufficient lighting for the workstation. So I simply moved the lamp over to the workstation and was able to work. These are minor complaints, however, and I would definitely return to this hotel because the price was very good and the room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The workout room was small and only contains three pieces of equipment and no weight equipment. A nice surprise for families is a fenced in playground the back of the hotel along with a basketball court and a gas grill that can be used by guests. The location is perfect for business or visitors, not far from the lake and the beaches and not far from business institutions. I will deathly return this hotel should I ever have business in Sheboygan in the future.

• Stayed May 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 27, 2012

When I called to reserve a room the clerk remined me that they do have AAA and AARP discounts. She was extremely friendly and informative. The hotel is well off the freeway, in fact it is downtown near the lake. It is near many great restaurants, thatres and other tourist attractions. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the free breakfast was very good. Many "hot/warm" items to choose from. They also have a small store for those late night snacks. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor. I usually do but did not here, and yes, someone stayed in the room above me...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
New York
Reviewed March 7, 2012

We were in Sheboygan for a wedding and stayed at the Grandstay.

The rooms are a good size with a comfortable bed, a nice living area and a functioning kitchen. Excellent value for money in my opinion. They aren't fancy as one might expect but well kept so nothing to compain about.

Next, the staff is really friendly and very helpful. They helped us figure out what to do during the day and where to go for a meal and drinks.

They also have free breakfast which is nice. It is a hot breakfast with eggs and waffles as opposed to that 'continental' breakfast some hotels have which are a real excuse for a breakfast.

Overall this place a no-brainer. Definitely stay here, you won't regret it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
barcelona
Reviewed December 25, 2011

We have just spent two nights here. Rooms are very clean and loved the separate bedroom. After an almost 24 hour journey from Mallorca, Spain, my partner and I were on different sleep patterns. I was able to watch TV in the lounge whilst he slept on.
Staff here were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was fine. Rooms were clean although I do agree with other reviews that furnishings were rather "tired".
Good value for money. Very centrally located. Will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank gillod
Munich, Germany
Reviewed November 18, 2011

The rooms are spacious but a bit outdated. They have a good functioning and well equipped kitchen. The heating system is powerful but sleep-disturbing loud. The staff is friendly and efficient. The swimming pool is a nice extra but very small and shallow. It is not suited for swimming, but fine for playing with children.
If you have to be in Sheboygan the hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Elkhart, IN
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We loved this hotel. It was 5 minutes from where we needed to be. Breakfast was average but sufficient. We wanted to try the pool but it was over crowded with a lot of children. I don't think my 2 yr old & I would fit if we tried!

The room was spacious & clean and being in the hospitality industry that means a lot in this business.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family