“Great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

When I called to reserve a room the clerk remined me that they do have AAA and AARP discounts. She was extremely friendly and informative. The hotel is well off the freeway, in fact it is downtown near the lake. It is near many great restaurants, thatres and other tourist attractions. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the free breakfast was very good. Many "hot/warm" items to choose from. They also have a small store for those late night snacks. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor. I usually do but did not here, and yes, someone stayed in the room above me...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

We were in Sheboygan for a wedding and stayed at the Grandstay.

The rooms are a good size with a comfortable bed, a nice living area and a functioning kitchen. Excellent value for money in my opinion. They aren't fancy as one might expect but well kept so nothing to compain about.

Next, the staff is really friendly and very helpful. They helped us figure out what to do during the day and where to go for a meal and drinks.

They also have free breakfast which is nice. It is a hot breakfast with eggs and waffles as opposed to that 'continental' breakfast some hotels have which are a real excuse for a breakfast.

Overall this place a no-brainer. Definitely stay here, you won't regret it.

barcelona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

We have just spent two nights here. Rooms are very clean and loved the separate bedroom. After an almost 24 hour journey from Mallorca, Spain, my partner and I were on different sleep patterns. I was able to watch TV in the lounge whilst he slept on.
Staff here were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was fine. Rooms were clean although I do agree with other reviews that furnishings were rather "tired".
Good value for money. Very centrally located. Will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank gillod
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

The rooms are spacious but a bit outdated. They have a good functioning and well equipped kitchen. The heating system is powerful but sleep-disturbing loud. The staff is friendly and efficient. The swimming pool is a nice extra but very small and shallow. It is not suited for swimming, but fine for playing with children.
If you have to be in Sheboygan the hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Elkhart, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

We loved this hotel. It was 5 minutes from where we needed to be. Breakfast was average but sufficient. We wanted to try the pool but it was over crowded with a lot of children. I don't think my 2 yr old & I would fit if we tried!

The room was spacious & clean and being in the hospitality industry that means a lot in this business.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

I just attended the Food and Wine event in Kohler. This hotel was only 3 miles away and hundreds of dollars less than what was being pushed in Kohler. It was a great location, and very comfortable. We could start the evening in our "apartment" with a glass of wine and not have to sit on beds! The 2 rooms were very clean, bed comfy and the kitchenette was complete-cooktop, microwave, full size fridge, coffee pot and toaster. The GrandStay has a nice breakfast buffet-hot and colld items. I am originally from Wisconsin and regret that I had not spent more time in Sheboygan when I lived there. This hotel is a very close walk to the lake, riverfront shops and downtown bistros and shops. It is a short drive to the major golf courses too Black Wolf Run and Whistling Straights. I would stay here again!

Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

Two friends and I stayed at the Grandstay Residential Suites Hotel in Sheboygan for one night in October while attending an art opening at Effjay Projekts.
The hotel is located downtown within walking distance to shops, bars, and restaurants. (I should note that I've never been to Sheboygan before, but my friends and I were really taken with this cute town: lots of great restaurants, some gorgeous old buildings, and beautiful lake views.) Lake Michigan is only a few blocks away.
We had a 1-bedroom Suite where the bedroom was entirely separated from the living area (unlike some other hotel suites that have the bed and sofa-sleeper area divided by a partial wall.) The bedroom had a really comfortable bed (especially comfortable to those of us who prefer firm mattresses), clean duvet bedding, its own window that was able to be opened, an armoir, and a flatscreen tv. Outside in the living area, there is a sofa that turns into a sofabed, another window, flatscreen, and small kitchen area with table, full-sized fridge, microwave, sink, and dishwasher. While we didn't use them, we noted that there also plates, flatware, and other cooking utensils. The bathroom was clean, brightly lit, and contained Bath & Body Works bath products.
A free continental breakfast was offered but because of a late night, we took advantage of sleeping in. Aside from Sunday morning church bells nearby, we heard no other noises on the street or from inside the hotel. The great soundproofing also contributed to a good night's sleep.
The suite was compact but not at all cluttered or claustrophobic; the space was functional and comfortable all at once. I would recommend the Grandstay to anyone going to Sheboygan for business or pleasure; solo or with friends/family. With a variety of rooms and suites, clean accomodations, and friendly, welcoming staff, I would absolutely stay here again the next time I visit Sheboygan!