Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had tickets to the Food and Wine Experience in Kohler, but wanted a more affordable alternative in regard to accomodations. We booked the nearby Holiday Inn Express, quite frankly expecting a ordinary experience. We were extremely pleased by the proximity to the American Club events, and even scored a great room with in-room (large) jacuzzi tub. A romantic and affordable alternative, as well as clean and convenient. Great hotel staff too!

3 Thank DianneMKE
LindseyC83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this review, April 9, 2013
DianneMKE,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We appreciate the time that you took to complete the review as well as your kind words about our hotel and staff. We look forward to your next romantic getaway to Sheboygan!

Lindsey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Moline, Illinois
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This hotel exceeded our expectations. The property is either new or refurbished. From the entrance to the hallways to the room, there was a freshness in style and cleanliness. The room was spacious and clean. We appreciated the comfortable bed, the good wi-fi signal, the frig and microwave. The bathroom space was good and the shower/tub had a unique smooth marble-like appearance. The staff was friendly and efficient. We will come back again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JeffGundi
LindseyC83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this review, November 26, 2012
JeffGundi,

Thank you so much for your review our hotel. The hotel was originally built in 1995 and went thru a major renovation in 2008-2009. This included taking off the roof in the middle of the winter (call us crazy!) and adding a 3rd floor! The staff and myself take pride in the hotel and are happy to hear that you had a great experience!

We look forward to hosting you in the future!

Channahon, Illinois
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We recently stayed at HI Express in Sheboygan on our way to the UP. Conveniently located right off the highway, next to a WalMart. There's a Perkins and a Starbucks minutes away. The hotel was clean,quiet, and very reasonable. Overall I was plesantly surprised. In fact, HI Express will be added to my list of road trip hotels!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Wendy D
LindseyC83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this review, November 7, 2012
wendydear1,

Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel. The staff and myself take pride in the service and cleanliness in the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

north america
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The property is very convenient to the expressway and shopping, you can actually walk to Walmart. There was plenty of parking in the lot. Check-in was quick and the clerk was friendly. The hotel is clean and modern. My room had a fridge, microwave and flat screen TV, everything seemed to operate properly. No noise issues being close to the expressway. The bathroom was properly stocked with amenities and was clean.
The breakfast area was well stocked and cared for, it was kept clean. Everything seemed quick and easy, the way it should be when traveling. I would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
LindseyC83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Sobore,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about our hotel. We know that you have many options while visiting Sheboygan and we truly appreciate your business.

We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Have never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised from the minute I walked up to the registration desk. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. As we were going through the check in process, I was asked if I was a Priority Club member. I am but haven't used it in probably 5 years. They were still able to find my membership and was awarded all the little amenities that one is afforded when one is a member.
The Pro's.
A selection of different pillows. Hard, medium or soft.
Coffee for the coffee maker.
Shampoo, body lotion, conditioner, etc.
Nice towels and wash clothes
Very comfortable bed
Quiet rooms.
Excellent breakfast buffet. FREE! Omelets, cinnamon rolls, assorted juices, coffees and teas.
Bacon, bagels, toast, cereal, etc.
Very clean room and hallways.

Con's
The lights in the room are the bright, harsh fluorescent light bulbs. Just like walking into a factory. One was burned out.
The stopper in the sink would not stay in place. Not a big deal since the sink wouldn't drain.

I mentioned the items that needed attention to the front desk while we went out for supper.
When we returned, all of the items had been taken care of.
Great customer service!

Room Tip: No great views to speak of. Either overlooking the parking lot on one side or a farm field on the o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
LindseyC83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this review, October 20, 2012
McGillicuddy_12,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feed back about our hotel. The staff and myself truly appreciate your feedback. I have passed on your positive comments to the employee that helped you at the front desk.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Lindsey
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We were on a golfing trip and stopped here after playing Erin Hills Golf Course on our way to Kohler. In terms of value, I thought it was excellent. A very clean hotel with a good breakfast. It is just off the highway (and not in the town of Sheboygan), but there are restaurants very nearby too. We just stayed the one night, but it worked out perfectly for our travel plans and I would have no hesitation in recommending it for a brief stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
LindseyC83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this review, September 17, 2012
travbud1,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future the next time you are in the area for golf!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed here one night while attending a training session in a smaller town about 15 minutes away. I choose this hotel after reading the positive reviews on tripadvisor and I was not disappointed.

I had requested a slightly early check-in - 2 pm - and the front desk staff person I spoke to assured me they would do their best to provide this - in spite of being fully booked the day before. Check-in was fast and efficient. I am a priority club member because usually stay in a HI when visiting Florida - so received the welcome cookies when checking in and also the water bottle and snack was waiting in the room.

I had a king room on the third floor. The room was large and very comfortable for two people. Great amenities include the flat screen TV, microwave and refrigerator, large desk for computer use. I slept soundly on the pillow top mattress. AC/heater was very quiet. The room was also quiet - no noise from rooms next to us or from people in the hallway - and I know the hotel was fully booked the night we were there. Not only was the room clean, but the coffee maker (which I have heard is often one of the dirtiest things in a hotel room) had a plastic wrap cover over the top of the carafe. I can only hope this means this hotel actually cleans their coffee makers when a guest checks out!

Unlike some reviewers - I prefer hotel rooms in which the bathroom fixtures are all in one room. Unless the room has 2 sinks (which this does not) I prefer to be able to wash my hands before leaving the bathroom. The bathroom had a nice large counter space and a generous selection of toiletries. The towels were decent and the shower was hot.

Although I had no time to use it - the pool - which you can see from the first floor breakfast area - looked clean and inviting. Having stayed in a lot of different hotels - one of the things I appreciate is a breakfast area that is large enough to seat bigger groups - and this hotel does have plenty of room. The weekday breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage,cereal, yogurt and fruit, and those warm cinnamon rolls.

Parking was plentiful and the hotel is truly minutes from I-43 - so very convenient for area travel. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank budgettraveler55
Dear budgettraveler55,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback on our hotel. I appreciate you comment about the bathroom sinks as each person has a different preference and we know that we can not satisfy each guest based just on this. This is the reason why we pride ourselves on customer service and cleanliness. And to ease your curiosity- we do wrap our coffee pots after they are washed and sanitized.

We look forward to having you visit us again!

Lindsey, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sheboygan
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
#2 of 2 in Kohler
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 11 in Sheboygan

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)? Share your experiences!