“Excellent Hotel, Better than Expected”

Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Hotel, Better than Expected”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We were on a golfing trip and stopped here after playing Erin Hills Golf Course on our way to Kohler. In terms of value, I thought it was excellent. A very clean hotel with a good breakfast. It is just off the highway (and not in the town of Sheboygan), but there are restaurants very nearby too. We just stayed the one night, but it worked out perfectly for our travel plans and I would have no hesitation in recommending it for a brief stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
LindseyC83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this review, September 17, 2012
travbud1,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future the next time you are in the area for golf!

Lindsey, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed here one night while attending a training session in a smaller town about 15 minutes away. I choose this hotel after reading the positive reviews on tripadvisor and I was not disappointed.

I had requested a slightly early check-in - 2 pm - and the front desk staff person I spoke to assured me they would do their best to provide this - in spite of being fully booked the day before. Check-in was fast and efficient. I am a priority club member because usually stay in a HI when visiting Florida - so received the welcome cookies when checking in and also the water bottle and snack was waiting in the room.

I had a king room on the third floor. The room was large and very comfortable for two people. Great amenities include the flat screen TV, microwave and refrigerator, large desk for computer use. I slept soundly on the pillow top mattress. AC/heater was very quiet. The room was also quiet - no noise from rooms next to us or from people in the hallway - and I know the hotel was fully booked the night we were there. Not only was the room clean, but the coffee maker (which I have heard is often one of the dirtiest things in a hotel room) had a plastic wrap cover over the top of the carafe. I can only hope this means this hotel actually cleans their coffee makers when a guest checks out!

Unlike some reviewers - I prefer hotel rooms in which the bathroom fixtures are all in one room. Unless the room has 2 sinks (which this does not) I prefer to be able to wash my hands before leaving the bathroom. The bathroom had a nice large counter space and a generous selection of toiletries. The towels were decent and the shower was hot.

Although I had no time to use it - the pool - which you can see from the first floor breakfast area - looked clean and inviting. Having stayed in a lot of different hotels - one of the things I appreciate is a breakfast area that is large enough to seat bigger groups - and this hotel does have plenty of room. The weekday breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage,cereal, yogurt and fruit, and those warm cinnamon rolls.

Parking was plentiful and the hotel is truly minutes from I-43 - so very convenient for area travel. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank budgettraveler55
Dear budgettraveler55,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback on our hotel. I appreciate you comment about the bathroom sinks as each person has a different preference and we know that we can not satisfy each guest based just on this. This is the reason why we pride ourselves on customer service and cleanliness. And to ease your curiosity- we do wrap our coffee pots after they are washed and sanitized.

We look forward to having you visit us again!

Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Cons: Shower head made noise, no toothpaste in room, toilets were short, not enough blankets on bed, slow elevators

Pros: Clean hotel, friendly & helpful staff, big TV, mouthwash in room was a nice touch

• Stayed September 2012
Brain,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post a review. The staff and myself truly appreciate your comments and feedback from our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again if you are back in the Sheboygan area.

rhinelander wi
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Sheboygan on 9/3/12. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. It is in a good location for the business I had to do in the area. I will stay there again when I have to be in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
LindseyC83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this review, September 5, 2012
rhinelandermike,

Thank you for choosing our hotel in Sheboygan for your recent visit. We strive to provide superior service and clean rooms. We truly appreciate you kind comments and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I would definitely recommend this Holiday Inn to everyone. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were spotless. We needed 7 rooms for two weeks and couldn't ask for anything better. Thanks from Sgt. Ivory, A.

• Stayed August 2012
AndreIvory,

Thank you so much for your wonderful response. The staff and myself strive each day to make each guest feel at home and enjoy their stay. We truly appreciate you comments and your business. We hope to see you again in the future.

crystal lake, IL
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Checked in to the Holiday Inn Express for an art show. Very nice, ok location but 10 minute drive away from the actual "downtown" of Sheboygan. Rooms were clean, nicely decorated, no musty smells, only 3 towels for 2 people, again. Air conditioner was decent, quiet, did not run the entire time which is nice. Mattress was very comfortable, but the 4 pillows on the bed have seen better days & need to be replaced in the worst way. Staff was very nice, we appreciated that one of the girls had a giant notebook filled with mapquests to local attractions, including a specific restaurant we wanted to go to, along with positive recommendations. We really did not appreciate that we had to pay a rate of $132.99 for Friday nite, but $155.99 for Saturday nite. As if Sheboygan is a big hot spot...we are coming back next year for the same show, but will not be staying here at those rates. Breakfast choices are the usual, but how can anyone eat that sausage gravy?

Room Tip: always ask for a room on the top floor...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
LindseyC83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this review, August 7, 2012
bunkysparky,

Thank you for your feedback about our Holiday Inn Express in Sheboygan. The staff and myself truly appreciate the time you spend to review our hotel.

We also appreciate your feedback about the pillows and breakfast food. IHG is in the process of changing the pillow standard as we have been listening to our customers.

In the summer months Sheboygan has a very strong tourism market with weddings, Road America, festivals, golf, restaurants, art, and an amazing lakeshore!

We look forward to seeing you again in Sheboygan!

DeWitt, Iowa
Reviewed July 23, 2012

What a delight to check into a motel and find such a welcoming facility. I can not find a thing that would need improvement. I would recommend this motel to everyone. When visiting Sheboygan we will make it a point to stay at this awesome facility.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
LindseyC83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this review, July 25, 2012
dvcia,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the hotel! We truly appreciate your business at our hotel as well as the kind words that you have shared. We know that you have many lodging options while visiting Sheboygan.

We look forward to seeing you on a return visit!

Lindsey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sheboygan
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
#2 of 2 in Kohler
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 11 in Sheboygan

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)? Share your experiences!