“Excellent Hotel and Location”

Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Salt Lake City
“Excellent Hotel and Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in early Jun 2012. We were kind of making the round the state tour of Wisconsin. Hampton Inn in Minnepolis, Hiltion Garden Inn in Green Bay and now Holiday Inn Express. Well just from a hotel perspective this hotel was the best. It's new, well kept and staff was friendly and accomodating. I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in a while so not a lot of priority points. However, when we checked in we got a little welcome package with a water and Sun Chips. We also got four free drink tickets for the Manager's Social. We did it both nights and they offered wine and beer, plus chips, cheese, veggies - quite a bit more than expected. Hotel and room was very clean, modern and had all you'd need. Bed was the best one we had on this trip. Now the reason for staying at this Holiday Inn Express was because I was playing golf at Black Wolf Run (River Course) and Whistling Straits (Straits Course). The American Club is the big draw for these courses, but it will cost you four times more than I paid at the Holiday Inn Express to stay there. The Holiday Inn Express is 3.5 miles from Black Wolf Run and about 11 miles from Whistling Straits. We made a great decision to stay here. Also, I was playing golf in the morning and had requested a late check-out so I could come back and shower before hitting the road. The Manager approved my request right away and didn't give me the usual I'll have to check availability excuse. So would I come back to this hotel, most definitely.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
LindseyC83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Travelramble,

Thank you for your review! The staff and myself truly appreciate your feedback and kind words about the hotel. I am very excited that you had great weather to experience the wonderful golf courses that Sheboygan has to offer!

We know that you have many choices when staying in Sheboygan and we truly appreciate your business and membership in the Priority Club. We look forward to hosting you again!

Lindsey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

Was in town for a funeral and stayed here with family. We requested the 3rd floor (top floor) to alleviate possible noise from residents overhead.

ROOM:
Nice and cozy. Clean. Extra Large bath towels! The usual inside: chair, desk, TV., but also had a microwave and fridge which were nice and handy.

The sink is in the same room as the toilet and shower, which proved difficult for more than one person to get ready at once.

AMENITIES:
Breakfast: lots of choices, eggs, hardboiled eggs, bacon, pancakes, biscuits and sausage gravy, fruit, coffee, milk, juices. The egg omelets were from a mix and had fake cheese in the middle, but they were not horrible. The pancakes were made by a machine that is pre-loaded with mix…at the push of a button you get a hot pancake, but it was kind of rubbery. All other items were "normal".

Indoor pool.

STAFF:
Helpful and very nice.

EXTRAS:
Dining area was nice size and hosted our family for beer and delivered pizza one evening as we reminisced about our lost loved one.

IN THE AREA:
Wal-Mart is 400 yards away
Cruisers is 100 yards away. Great "Sheboygan Burger": 1 beef patty, 1 brat patty…amazing. And fried cheese!
Harley Davidson is 100 yards away

Room Tip: Backside has better view (cornfield). Front has parking lots.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
LindseyC83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this review, March 22, 2012
March 22, 2012
Dear TrillianTrillian,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during your time of loss and appreciate your feedback. We know that it takes time to fill out surveys and your additional comments are much appreciated! We know that you have many options when you stay in Sheboygan and we are very happy that you picked us!

We value your business and look forward to seeing you in the future.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

After the New York Football Giants demolished the Acme Packing Co., I needed to find a nice comfortable stay that wasn't that far from Green Bay. This property fit the bill to a tee. Very noce, very clean, fast wifi, and yes a free hot breakfast fueled in part by that little flapjack machine. Press the button, two perfect flapjacks come out. Nice place to stop if you're traveling the I-43 corridor in Wisconsin

Room Tip: Hit the HGI website for specials, weight it against Expedia, etc. then dive in. Ask for a room NOT f...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
LindseyC83, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Dear 5w30,

We are really excited that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your feedback! We know that it takes time to fill out surveys and your additional comments are much appreciated! We know that you have many options when you stay in Sheboygan and we are very happy that you picked us!

We value your business and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Clio, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

During 2011 I have stayed at this Holiday Inn at least 6 times. They are consistant with Holiday Inn's new standards. The third floor is newly added and has bigger bathrooms and newer beds, but the entire hotel is fresh and up to date. Although all the staff are wonderful, if you are really lucky you will be there when "Susie the Breakfast Server" is maning the continental breakfast (sorry, not sure what her real name is, this is the nick name we gave her for her bubbly personality and over the top service).

I'd recommend this hotel to any family and friends traveling to the Sheboygan area. Closest thing to a bad experience here was in 2009 during the construction of the third floor. Plastic sheeting on some scaffolding outside my window kept blowing in the wind and waking me up. I complained in the morning, and was IMMEDIATELY moved to another room (hotel staff even assisted me) and I was kindly chastised for not calling to complain in the middle of the night.

I now have family in the area and will definitely be back to stay. It is my home in my newly adopted hometown.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Bridge_Girl_57
LindseyC83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Bridge_Girl57,

I was review past responses and wanted to take the time to thank you for your feedback. I also wanted to let you know that "Suzie" is still employed by us and as wonderful as ever! We hope to see you again in the near future- and we have no construction planned for the future so there will be no issues.

Mpls
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

What a nice town. Stayed at the Holiday Inn express and it was great. Spent some time down by the harbor and loved the place. Ate at Al & Al's German Resturant and could not have enjoyed it more. Really recommend this town for a nice weekend visit.. There is a place called Blue Harbor right on the lake front but inspite of being or seeming like it was a really nice place. I could not afford it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Maple Glen, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was my second weekend stay in a number of years at this location for a driving event up at nearby Road America (25 min away). Clean, modern room incl. bathroom. Nearby restaurants as well as a Wal-Mart down the hill from the hotel. Filling, FREE hot breakfast in the morning. To be honest, this HIE was my fallback hotel as the cheaper Baymont Inn in the closer-to-the-track Plymouth, WI was full. Nonetheless, very happy with the stay. Would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

I've stayed here many times over the years and the staff has always been helpful and friendly. Comfortable rooms, breakfast and two-hour cocktail and snack in the evenings.

Very convenient for business trips.

Room Tip: Off the road location, so no noise issues in any room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business