“Basic, Clean, Nice”

Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Was in town for a funeral and stayed here with family. We requested the 3rd floor (top floor) to alleviate possible noise from residents overhead.

ROOM:
Nice and cozy. Clean. Extra Large bath towels! The usual inside: chair, desk, TV., but also had a microwave and fridge which were nice and handy.

The sink is in the same room as the toilet and shower, which proved difficult for more than one person to get ready at once.

AMENITIES:
Breakfast: lots of choices, eggs, hardboiled eggs, bacon, pancakes, biscuits and sausage gravy, fruit, coffee, milk, juices. The egg omelets were from a mix and had fake cheese in the middle, but they were not horrible. The pancakes were made by a machine that is pre-loaded with mix…at the push of a button you get a hot pancake, but it was kind of rubbery. All other items were "normal".

Indoor pool.

STAFF:
Helpful and very nice.

EXTRAS:
Dining area was nice size and hosted our family for beer and delivered pizza one evening as we reminisced about our lost loved one.

IN THE AREA:
Wal-Mart is 400 yards away
Cruisers is 100 yards away. Great "Sheboygan Burger": 1 beef patty, 1 brat patty…amazing. And fried cheese!
Harley Davidson is 100 yards away

Room Tip: Backside has better view (cornfield). Front has parking lots.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
LindseyC83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

March 22, 2012
Dear TrillianTrillian,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during your time of loss and appreciate your feedback. We know that it takes time to fill out surveys and your additional comments are much appreciated! We know that you have many options when you stay in Sheboygan and we are very happy that you picked us!

We value your business and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

After the New York Football Giants demolished the Acme Packing Co., I needed to find a nice comfortable stay that wasn't that far from Green Bay. This property fit the bill to a tee. Very noce, very clean, fast wifi, and yes a free hot breakfast fueled in part by that little flapjack machine. Press the button, two perfect flapjacks come out. Nice place to stop if you're traveling the I-43 corridor in Wisconsin

Room Tip: Hit the HGI website for specials, weight it against Expedia, etc. then dive in. Ask for a room NOT f...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
LindseyC83, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Dear 5w30,

We are really excited that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your feedback! We know that it takes time to fill out surveys and your additional comments are much appreciated! We know that you have many options when you stay in Sheboygan and we are very happy that you picked us!

We value your business and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

During 2011 I have stayed at this Holiday Inn at least 6 times. They are consistant with Holiday Inn's new standards. The third floor is newly added and has bigger bathrooms and newer beds, but the entire hotel is fresh and up to date. Although all the staff are wonderful, if you are really lucky you will be there when "Susie the Breakfast Server" is maning the continental breakfast (sorry, not sure what her real name is, this is the nick name we gave her for her bubbly personality and over the top service).

I'd recommend this hotel to any family and friends traveling to the Sheboygan area. Closest thing to a bad experience here was in 2009 during the construction of the third floor. Plastic sheeting on some scaffolding outside my window kept blowing in the wind and waking me up. I complained in the morning, and was IMMEDIATELY moved to another room (hotel staff even assisted me) and I was kindly chastised for not calling to complain in the middle of the night.

I now have family in the area and will definitely be back to stay. It is my home in my newly adopted hometown.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Bridge_Girl_57
LindseyC83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Bridge_Girl57,

I was review past responses and wanted to take the time to thank you for your feedback. I also wanted to let you know that "Suzie" is still employed by us and as wonderful as ever! We hope to see you again in the near future- and we have no construction planned for the future so there will be no issues.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

What a nice town. Stayed at the Holiday Inn express and it was great. Spent some time down by the harbor and loved the place. Ate at Al & Al's German Resturant and could not have enjoyed it more. Really recommend this town for a nice weekend visit.. There is a place called Blue Harbor right on the lake front but inspite of being or seeming like it was a really nice place. I could not afford it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was my second weekend stay in a number of years at this location for a driving event up at nearby Road America (25 min away). Clean, modern room incl. bathroom. Nearby restaurants as well as a Wal-Mart down the hill from the hotel. Filling, FREE hot breakfast in the morning. To be honest, this HIE was my fallback hotel as the cheaper Baymont Inn in the closer-to-the-track Plymouth, WI was full. Nonetheless, very happy with the stay. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I've stayed here many times over the years and the staff has always been helpful and friendly. Comfortable rooms, breakfast and two-hour cocktail and snack in the evenings.

Very convenient for business trips.

Room Tip: Off the road location, so no noise issues in any room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan...it appears to be a new property, the staff was friendly and accommodating, and the hotel is easy to find. There is a Harley Dealer, Wal Mart, gas station and other useful places right in the area. It is near downtown as well. We were recognized as Priority Club Members and received a couple goodies which was a really nice touch.

We didn't spend much time in the room, but it was super clean and comfortable. Nice TV, bed/bedding, everything! This is one of the nicest/best Holiday Inn Express properties we've ever stayed at, I would/will definitely stay here again if/when I am in the Sheboygan area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MamaJodes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sheboygan
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
#9 of 11 in Sheboygan
Inn on Woodlake
Inn on Woodlake
#2 of 2 in Kohler

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)? Share your experiences!