Harbor Winds
La Quinta Inn Sheboygan(Sheboygan)(Great Value!)
$93
Hotwire.com
$189
Agoda.com
$334
All reviewsgreat locationbreakfast roomquaint hotelstayed herethe river walkwafflessmall breakfastreasonable ratesbooked this hotelrestaurants and barsstay there againa nice place to staybest betbreakfast sandwichwithin walking distancefree breakfastbed was comfortable
Reviewed June 5, 2009

I stayed at the Harbor Winds Hotel very recently in the beggining of June, and was blown away by what a great time I had! The pictures that I looked at online did not do the hotel justice! Inside it is very cozy, and the atmosphere was great! The staff members were all very friendly and welcoming, from the moment I walked in- to the moment I checked out. The rooms had very nice views of the river, and I found it very pleasant and relaxing to sit outside or walk along the harbor with my son and daughter. I also loved that there was fresh baked cookies and a bottle of water inside our room when we checked in. Overall, we all had a great stay at the Harbor Winds Hotel and will definitly be back!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2009

Stayed for three nights in May. Hotel room was clean and comfortable. It reminded me of a Fairfield Inn room. We had two double beds, small fridge and microwave. Room faced river. Kings are available without the river view.

Breakfast provided was pretty good. The pastry's were purchased at a local bakery and were very good. They weren't the dry prepackaged pastries you usually find. The hotel staff indicated they were planning to start serving fresh breads from a local bakery. The breakfast room overlooks the river and is bright and comfortable.

The location of the hotel is perfect. The hotel is on a board walk that allows long walks along the river, connecting to the lake with pier walks next to the beautiful Sheboygan Marina.

The hotel is adjacent to 8th street (the Sheboygan downtown area) and is within walking distance of many restaurants.

We enjoyed our stay and will stay there again. The staff is helpful and very friendly. You feel as if you are at a family owned hotel or Inn.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2008

We chose this hotel for our package with Sipping On The Shores. The hotel was nice, except that the lobby was very open to the second floor and was very loud. Didn't get much sleep with all the activity. Originally asked for a quiet room and they tried but I don't think any room would be very quiet.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2007

We went up to Sheboygan to see my husband's aunt on October 19 & 20 and stayed here. We've stayed here at least once a year for the past five years or so. My husband's lovely mother came with us so she could see her sister and celebrate my birthday with us. So, she had her own room.

Our room was fine. It was on the first floor (usually we are on the second floor) and it faced the river. Mom's room was next to ours but had an unbelievably musty smell! Terrible! So, she cracked the window to air it out and we went out for the day. When we returned it was STILL musty but she didn't want to change rooms. (The hotel staff would have been very accommodating, since it was pretty empty, but she just didn't want to move.)

Breakfast was the usual simple fare that the hotel provides, with lots of variety. Rolls, juices, coffee, boxes of cereal etc. There's a toaster to toast your bagel, english muffin etc. Real nice spread! I went and got a big cup of coffee for mom, and brought it to her in her room so she could drink it while getting ready.

It's such a comfortable hotel that we feel okay going to mom's room in our pajamas. It's a homey atmosphere, especially after staying there for five years in a row!

During the day, I walked along the river up to lake michigan. It's so pretty this time of year, with the leaves changing etc. There's a beach right next to the major hotel on the lake (Blue Harbor) and you can walk for a good distance among the sand and grasses. It's very picturesque.

Later, we all walked along the boardwalk, bracing ourselves against the brisk lake winds and looked at stores and restaurants. We ate dinner at one of the cute places right on the river.

This hotel even gives a discount rate to seniors, which my mother-in-law enjoyed. It was another lovely weekend in a peaceful laid back town. Thanks Harbor Wind!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank profpat
Reviewed October 29, 2007

We were visiting for a tour of the Kohler factory. Booked for one night but decided to stay a second, so we had two different rooms. Both were great but the second night we had a refrigerator and a river view for the same price. Breakfast was the usual bread, rolls, cereal, fruit etc but the price was unbelievable at $74. It's right on the river and there is a new boardwalk along the docks. Would go back anytime I was anywhere near. It's only about 10 minutes from Kohler.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank MichiganBruce