“just what we were looking for in just the right spot.”
Review of Harbor Winds

Harbor Winds
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Reviewed July 14, 2013

right on the Sheboygan river at lake Michigan. reserve a room with a river view. walk to everything down town and closer and just walk around north Sheboygan to see some great old homes. saw one on the lake with a 180 degree view, 7100 square feet including finished basement, ASKING $899,000. we like clean and a really good value and this is it. try making your own waffle at breakfast and lots of other choices. a/c works great and not too loud. Oh, yeah, the people are really great and small town, which I love. definitely NOT for you 5 star guys. stay at the American club in Kohler and take the shuttle everywhere. have lunch at black wolf run or whistling straits. field to fork is a must for many reasons including a good place to eat any meal with amazing setting. going to do a remodel, see the Kohler design center.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
HWHotel, Manager at Harbor Winds, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

We are so happy that your stay with us was a pleasant experience. We appreciate your great review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed one night on the way back to Milw. The only room available had one double/full bed. The room was a bit small but ever so nice -clean, efficient, great continental breakfast. Wonderful view of the river right out the window-great boardwalk for exercise. Justin, manager, is great. Will go back again!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room on the river side of the hotel -beautiful view of water and boats. Smaller...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
HWHotel, Manager at Harbor Winds, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

I know this is a busy time of year and I am glad that you did get to experience our unique hotel. I hope that you will visit the area again so that we can make your next stay with us even better. Have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is a great place for a mid-winter getaway weekend. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and come with microwave, fridge, and coffee pot. The staff is friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast is served in a nice room overlooking the riverwalk which is right outside the door. This isn't for the luxury traveler but it's a great, well-maintained medium-priced place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Barbara M
HWHotel, Manager at Harbor Winds, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for the nice words. We are always happy to hear that our guests had a pleasant experience. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a wedding party. This hotel is very small (28 rooms?) and from the pictures online I was a little nervous of it being very rundown. We were so pleasantly surprised. The staff was extremely friendly. The room we stayed in looked newly renovated. Newer carpet, chair, and flooring. The room had a fridge and microwave. One thing that made me nervous was a big tv (CRT) was sitting on top of the armoire. With a small child running around i could just see it getting pulled down (admittedly I didnt look to see if they had it anchored any way, i just kept him away from it completely.) The continental breakfast was great, especially for a hotel of its size. They had donuts, muffins, fruit bars, bagels, English muffins, bread, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, cottage cheese, yogurt, eggs, juice, milk... I was expecting a few crusty donuts slapped on a plate so that was a nice touch.

For the cons: the beds are awful. When I say awful I mean beyond bad. I have no trouble sleeping anywhere but the bed was soo lumpy. They are worse than the beds in Mexico that sit on concrete slabs. My husband also disliked the pillows. The shower head was old. It was one of those oxygenator ones. My husband loved it but it was hard for me to rinse my hair. You can also hear everything. Someone upstairs walking to the bathroom at 2, 3, and 4am you hear it. They do provide a clock radio with soothing sounds so if you're a light sleeper I recommend turning it on to drown out some of the noise.

Overall very decent and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank iheartplaya
HWHotel, Manager at Harbor Winds, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words and also your concerns. As of June 3rd we now have flat screen televisions and we have removed the old bulky ones. We will also be uploading new photo's very soon. I do appreciate your feedback about the beds and the shower head. We are in the process of making your stay more comfortable and we hope that the next time you visit us we will have accomplished that. Have a wonderful summer and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is a utilitarian kind of hotel, nothing fancy, however, the rooms are big and comfy, they have a nice easy chair in each one, a view of the river, free breakfast in a nice breakfast room overlooking the river and for this price, it's great to be right on the board walk a few feet from the Weather Center Cafe, a few blocks from the Charcoal Inn (great burgers wrapped in paper and dripping with butter) and a short, pleasant walk to the beach in front of the massive Blue Harbor resort. I've been coming to Harbor Winds for five years with a friend and it's perfectly situated, a surprising amount of things to do nearby, quiet, friendly and a great value. I almost didn't want to write this - I want to keep it for myself. $79 in the off - season, you can't beat it.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view, and come just before the rates go up which is I think in april or May. Off Se...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
HWHotel, Manager at Harbor Winds, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your very nice review. We appreciate that you have chosen our hotel over the past five years. We are in the process of updating our rooms and our goal is to make your next visit even more comfortable and enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I recently stayed, me and my Mom at this wonderful hotel for 7 days and 6 nights. They are located on the River and the views were wonderful. They have the most helpful and friendly staff I have come across in many years. The hotel was very clean and the beds were the most comfy beds I have slept in at a hotel. The towels were big and fluffy, which you do not find that in most places I have stayed. I would stay here again and recommend if your visiting Sheboygan, Wisconsin to stay here.

Kim Upfold an Valli Francis

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor facing the water, the view is great.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kim U
HWHotel, Manager at Harbor Winds, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

I am very pleased that we made your visit so special. We enjoyed having you here and we hope that on any return visit that we will be able to enhance your experience even more. Thank you for your kind remarks and have a great holiday season.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at Harbor Winds a week ago. Over all, they stay wasn't bad. Our room was clean and the free breakfast bar in the AM was nice - nothing fancy - but nice. The only issue we encountered was a stairwell that smelled like someone had gotten sick there. We didn't see any attempt to clean the carpet. They did put some type of electric odor eliminator there, but it didn't due much. Stanley Steamer probably could have eliminated the problem. This stairwell was also packed with large plastic bags full of laundrey for most of our stay. The staff was nice, but not overly friendly. Easy to walk to stores and restaurants. Great little hot dog stand right across the street.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elroy99
HWHotel, Manager at Harbor Winds, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments. I do apologize in regards to the stairwell issue. I went over the steps taken to correct the issue with my staff and they immediately did what was required to eliminate the smell. We did find the source of the smell and the entire hallway was cleaned. As we are a small hotel we do have to send our laundry out to be cleaned. It is picked up throughout the day and when we are busy it is a continuous process to make sure that the hallway stays clear.
We do appreciate your business and your comments and I assure you that any improvements that we can make to improve the guest experience will always be our first priority.