“Great Hotel For Road America”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Great Hotel For Road America”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while working at Road America. Several easy routes to the track from Hotel. We drove to downtown Sheboygan for Restaurants and it was only 10 minutes away . The rooms here are modern and clean. Much better than the Sleep Inn I stayed at last year. The breakfast area was well stocked and the usual Choice Hotel menu. The price of this hotel was far less than similar hotels in the area for a race weekend.

• Stayed June 2012
Sharon S, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for your great review. We have many guests who stay at our facility that race/visit Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI. We hope to see you each and every time you visit Sheboygan County.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lawrence Township, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

I wasn't sure that the Quality Inn would be comparable in features, etc. to the Sleep Inn or Comfort Inn properties at which I usually stay, but this Quality Inn has been very nice in terms of room comfort/amenities (I did have a mini-suite, with a sofa bed, table, microwave & refrigerator, as well as a jacuzzi tub/shower). Looking at the room, it was completely updated since I could tell it was an older property.

Room Tip: If you have a room on the 2nd floor, be prepared that there's no elevator!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Schofield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

After reading some of the negative reviews about this hotel, I was sort of hesitant about staying here. But after staying at this hotel, I was very impressed with it, and surprised that anyone would have anything bad to say about it. Our room was very clean, staff was friendly, hotel was very well-maintained and clean. The whirlpool and swimming pool were quite enjoyable, and the breakfast was good and had a nice variety. The hotel was in a good location with a variety of restaurants nearby, including Texas Roadhouse, which is one of our favorites. I've stayed at a lot of Choice Hotel properties, and this is one of the best and cleanest! I recommend this hotel and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
La Crosse
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

Musty smell in rooms. No elevator to upper floor. Others in our group had problems regulating temperature in rooms and problems with plugged toilet. Customer service was poor. While our group was socializing in the lobby the front desk clerk called the police for a noise complaint instead of asking us to be quieter or move to another area. Next night she closed the pool 2 hours early claiming there was fecal matter in the pool. A letter from the hotel manager acknowleded she lied about the pool issue. Not a place to stay if you are with a group. Only difference between a suite and regular room is a microwave.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank c_kleman
Vevey, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

I have written a report on this hotel when I was still in the room. Upon checkout, I verified my bill, and found a charge for use of the safe. I challenged the charge, which was promptly removed. I still left with a bitter feeling that one had tried to sneak a charge on me. Why should one pay for the safe? And then, why not have a TV charge, a hot water charge, a coffee brewer charge ? It may not be formally dishonest, but it is certainly bad marketing!

• Stayed July 2011
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2008

The room was clean and comfortable. Bathroom was small. The public/breakfast area was very small with seating for 14 persons, too crowded to be comfortable. The pool seemed smaller than ordinary and also felt crowded. Breakfast was average continental. The staff was friendly. We would stay again .

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank dominee
Upper Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2007

I stayed here on business for 20 + nights in the last couple of months. The place is convenient and fairly clean. The desk staff is friendly and efficient. The breakfast is pretty good. My main complaint is the cleaning staff cleans OK but just doesn't see the small things which is very annoying. They don't put out new Kleenex when the one in the room is empty or just yellow ones left, they don't put out a second roll of toilet paper when one is gone, and 2 days they didn't bother to empty the coffeee grounds from the room coffee maker. Also the rooms all seem to have refrigerators which is very nice but only a few have microwaves. A cheap micro is only $40 at Walmart . For what they charge (I paid $58/night) they could put one in every room! The pool is nice but most of the time there are no towels there. It's Ok for a business trip but I wouldn't stay here if I was on vacation. I stay in hotels 100+ nights per year and I've had better and worse for the price.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleaning staff
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank R0adWarrier