“Just so-so...” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Light House
Ranked #22 of 52 Restaurants in Shawano
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Shawano, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just so-so...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Waited a very long time for meal only for it to be very mediocre. Grilled chicken was the worst my husband ever had. Big disappointment. We will stick to the Pad.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank mdp2002

Chicago, Illinois
“Best meal we had of the weekend.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had a very tasty burger, hubby had a great steak sandwich. Staff was pleasant and on nice days you have a view of the lake and channel with outdoor seating.

Visited July 2013
Colorado
“Great menu, something for everyone and awesome waitress”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

this restaurant took very good care of a party for eight. We had just waited too long at another restaurant. they seated us at the bar, got us drinks right away and let us review the menu so we could order as soon as we were seated. Our waitress was awesome and everyone enjoyed their food. There was a varied menu, so everyone was happy and the food was perfectly cooked.

Visited April 2013
Hales Corners, Wisconsin
“Service is hit or miss!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I've been to the Light House a number of times. Overall I've been happy with it. The setting is great. You can eat in the bar/restaurant or outside on a deck overlooking the water. Their burgers were very good. I have, however, had a very negative experience there the last time we went and I am uncertain about future visits based on this experience. We were there on a busy day, however I don't feel any level of "busy-ness" should give the employees/owner the "ok" to be rude - and rude she was! We were waiting and waiting to give our order - and other's orders were taken ahead of ours. Then, our food took forever to arrive at our table. People who came in after we did were almost done eating. We didn't order anything special and we were only a group of 2. We notified our waitress who made excuses as to why we didn't get our food. When it finally arrived it was incorrect. Our waitress barely stopped at our table to bring it. She literally dropped it off as she walked past. When we tried to tell her about our incorrect order, she again made one excuse after another. Whether you are crazy busy or slow as molasses, you should provide good service to your customers each and every day-not just when it's convenient for you. And I do believe this was one of the owners which makes it more appalling! I guess my best advice would be if you go there - you don't know what to expect. The food is pretty good - but the service - well that's up for grabs.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank annieross60
Medford, Wisconsin
“Nice atmosphere, decent food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We went there for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. We had chicken wings and pizza. The wings were ok. I liked the pizza, but my husband didn't like the sauce. If you like a sweet pizza sauce, this is not your type of pizza. The outdoor seating and large windows overlooking the lake was nice. Would go again to try something else.

Visited May 2013