“Above average prices for below average food”
Review of Hotel Seymour

Hotel Seymour
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Seymour
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pulaski, WI
“Above average prices for below average food”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Actually, the title of this review says it all. This is nothing special, and the cooks are heavy-handed with the salt shaker. People used to rave about this place, but I don't hear that so much since the new menu. Sometimes you have to remember where you are. You may want people to dine like they do in the big city, but that doesn't mean they will.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Mike_and_Debbie

“Glad it's back to business as usual”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

In early June the menu changed and I wasn't a fan. Now its back to the good food and great prices.... Not to mention the stiff old fashions! This guy is actually still buying quality steaks where others are buying that commercial crap.

“What happened? New menu? Gross food and slow service:(”
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

I went expecting a great meal but I left with telling myself I will never be back. Steak prices did increase which I understand but food quality went way down. I love the salad bar but the new potatoe bar they offered was gross. Ecerything had been sitting there for hours and it was nasty. We waited for 15 minutes just for the waitress to come greet us. Sad thing is it was 8pm and they weren't even busy. I will newe be back.

2 Thank Ejpjap
Owensville, Missouri
“Terrible”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband & I haven't been to the Hotel Seymour for a while but had enjoyed steaks there in the past. The prices have drastically increased and the food was really & I mean really over-salted. I ordered Bits & Pieces for $19 and the portion was tiny. The American Fries were greasy and soggy. My husband had the Prime Rib special. It was super fatty. Both of our meals were so salty we were chugging the water. Service was 'ok'. Salad bar was pretty good. I've been clamoring to go to Hotel Seymour but no more; we won't be going back. The building is in need of a major overhaul. You can't charge high prices for mediocre meals in a dumpy building. There has to be someplace better than this in the area for steaks.

• Visited July 2012
4 Thank ovenbird3
Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
“Just not the way it was”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had our wedding reception at the Hotel Seymour 42 years ago and have been going there since. The greatest steaks that I have ever tasted, best service, the salad bar the best ever 42 items, small town atmosphere. On June 29, 2012 my bride of 42 years and I went to the hotel and boy things have changed. Our bill usually came to around 60 to 70 dollars, this night ran 101.00. When we arrived and ordered our drinks, I asked for a menu only to be greeted with the statement from the bartender pointing to the menu stating,( this the way we do things in Chicago and this is the way we are going to do things here. I just ask for a Menu. The menu has changed drastically, out priced my comfort level. My steak went from 21.95 to 28.95. Sure is a shame we have to lose this small town icon. May I all so say that every Friday night that we arrive at 4:30 PM it was almost standing room only, this night six people sitting at the bar, statement I think so. Seymour you are not Chicago DO NOT EXCEPT THIS CHANGE. Make them go back the way it was.

Loyal

Greg and Nancy

• Visited June 2012
7 Thank Greg S

Been to Hotel Seymour? Share your experiences!