“A nice surprise”

Ravioli's
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Ravioli's was a very pleasant surprise, the food was good and authentic, the service was great, the menu ample but not overwhelming. The only negative was the restaurant is located in a restaurant that caught on fire and then had a mold problem. The restaurant still smells faintly of mold

There are newer reviews for Ravioli's

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Can't say enough about the high-quality food -- delicious! Lobster ravioli and penne with vodka sauce were as good as I've had in Little Italy in New York and The Hill in St. Louis and the tiramisu was even better! Salad was nothing special and the house dressing, while very good, was twice as much as necessary - but maybe that's just me. The ambiance is "diner" and there's nothing wrong with that as long as the food is a good value and we'll done. What keeps me from giving Ravioli's an excellent rating is the loud, overbearing chattiness of our server (not everyone wants to hear their personal stories). Plus, fast-food mentality of serving everything quickly for a faster turnover is a personal pet peeve. We were there on a Monday evening, with less than half the tables occupied. Our entrees came while we still had half our salads to eat. This is probably not a problem when the place is packed on week-ends, but I like to relax and enjoy the food and wine, which is the reason we went on a Monday. That being said, Ravioli's is still a great place if you're looking for an excellent meal!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I went to Ravioli's with a group of six girlfriends. Two had been here before, and raved about the food. We were not disappointed! I ordered the Tortellini della Nona (or something like that!), and it was fabulous. I tried my friend's Capellini (not sure of the exact name, but it had artichoke, spinach & tomatoes in a garlic sauce), and I LOVED it, and will order it next time I go there -- will take my husband next time. The white wine I had was delicious, and one of the owners was very attentive & funny, and kept refilling our glasses. Our waitress Bree was great; very personable, attentive and patient with our chatty group. The salad was pretty good, the bread, although homemade, wasn't as hearty or flavorful as we would have liked. The dessert that was brought over for us to sample was AMAZING!!! Chocolate layer cake with chocolate mousse and chocolate ganache topping. Sounds heavy, but it was very light and deeeelicious!

And to address the ambiance issue: Yes, the decor does not match the caliber of the food. However, if you'd been to the restaurant (Four Star Family restaurant) that used to be there....Ravioli's has done a great job of classing up the joint! Being a group of ladies, we discussed it, and offer the following suggestions:
- Paint could do wonders here -- paint walls a darker color, could even paint the ceiling black.
- Booths -- maybe do something to make the backs higher
- Need some plants, room dividers, etc. -- cheap things that could be found at Gordman's
If they make these changes, it will really helptake away peoples' objections about going there.

Overall, I highly recommend Ravioli's. Great staff, excellent food! Keep up the great work!

1  Thank Ian K
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The food and service are absolutely fantastic. Our server was informative and gave us just the right amount of attention, brought us a second complimentary basket of bread and didn't rush us whatsoever through the meal. I actually really enjoyed that the turnaround on the time from ordering food to the time that it arrived to the table. I knew it was fresh, and I knew it was home made. It also gave us time to finish the different courses, and to have more than one glass of wine. The food was top notch. I actually preferred it to any of the other current local Italian restaurants. My husband and I shared the bruschetta appetizer, I had the chicken picatta, and he had the lobster ravioli. (I also overheard two other tables order the lobster ravioli) The menu was a great size- something for everyone; not overwhelming or limiting. The ONLY thing I'd like to see changed is the ambiance. When you enjoy this tier of Italian food, and you spend a certain amount to do so, I want to feel like I'm enjoying fine dining in the proper atmosphere. They are on the right track with the music and the wine selection when you walk in, but it still feels halfway between an Italian restaurant and a diner. All this place needs is white tablecloths , a small lit candle on each table, lights turned low on a dimmer, and remove the blinds. A small investment in these things would take it to the next level. The potential is there! I hope the owner receives this one suggestion and goes with it. It will make all the difference. I hope to go back soon- once I hear of the ambiance matching the wonderful food. Overall, I was a very happy customer. I wish them all the luck!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

surprise to see what Wausau has been hiding!!! We had it it all from appetizers entrees and desserts.....muscles were phenomenal and let's not forget about the stuffed pork chop wow being a carnivore like myself I was full. Our waiter Larry took exceptional care of us he pointed to the best wine which has changed my life now on top of thar gave us one of the best desert that I have ever put in my mouth Italian rum cake. To shorten this up, FOOD! WINE! LARRY