“Guest Stay”

MURRELLS INLET
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Very noisy in hallway at night, guests seemed loud and drunk in hallway at night in and out of rooms for hours, front desk staff did nothing to resolve the issue

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Room smelled kind of funny. The first night the A/C appeared to work at first and then did not. Room was warm and I slept poorly. Second night we came back to find one of the beds unmade. For this problem I called the front desk and then also talked about the A/C. The manager(?) said the front desk should have told me to put a room key in the slot to activate the A/C. They hadn't. Because of the bed and the A/C I asked for a reduction on my bill. He reluctantly said he'd check into it but offered little hope. The front desk knew nothing about it when I went to check out the next AM. Said that management doesn't like to discount or give money back. It's obvious to me that employees are not empowered by management to satisfy a customer. I feel sorry for the employees because their hands are tied. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed here a few days this week for the ALMS races at Road America. The hotel was about the only one in the area with rooms left when we reserved. We arrived about 10 pm and check in was a bit slow but friendly.

The room was very clean. The pillows were flat but they gave us extra pillows right away when we asked for them. The bed was so hard I went out and got a foam mattress pad from WalMart for $12 which greatly improved the bed. The tv had plently of channels to choose from and we always had plenty of towels. The breakfast was completely average but there is a McDonalds across the street. Even though the hotel was full, it was very quiet at night. The air conditioner worked perfectly and was not too noisy.

When we checked out and left, I realized I left my wristlet behind with my wallet in it. We called and went back right away for it. The woman at the front desk seemed a bit frazzled (this was Saturday morning) but was polite and remembered we had called and promptly let us back into our room so I could retrieve it.

Overall I'd stay here again, the only drawbacks were there is no pool, and it is about 30 minutes from Road America (although this is not the hotels fault).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Welcoming Staff was attentive and accommodated my request for an extra pillow, room was clean, and A/C felt great after warm days outside. Expect fresh coffee and basic continental breakfast offerings--cereal and milk, apples, bread/mini-bagels and jellies, and waffles and syrup. I appreciated that fact I didn't have to pay for amenities I wouldn't be using like a pool and a bigger breakfast. There was a large range of TV channels including free movies and free WI-FI. I lacked nothing I needed. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so request first floor room if desired.