“Economical Choice”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saukville
Iowa
“Economical Choice”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Welcoming Staff was attentive and accommodated my request for an extra pillow, room was clean, and A/C felt great after warm days outside. Expect fresh coffee and basic continental breakfast offerings--cereal and milk, apples, bread/mini-bagels and jellies, and waffles and syrup. I appreciated that fact I didn't have to pay for amenities I wouldn't be using like a pool and a bigger breakfast. There was a large range of TV channels including free movies and free WI-FI. I lacked nothing I needed. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so request first floor room if desired.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelinAltHSTeacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Staff was very helpful and kind, they were beyond kind. I was having problems with my reservation when I booked through Expedia and they were so great about helping out, the girl upon checking in worked with us and she was very pleasant. Our room was very clean, I'm not sure what the other reviews were saying about Bed Bugs? But our room was very clean. They also have a energy system and we really thought that it was a good idea.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot, they try to accommodate you.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Wausau
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Hotels booked in Port Washington, so we stayed here. Rooms were clean. No odors. Disappointed with the Breakfast. At 8am there were no danish or muffins out. There were about 6 mini bagels. The bread was sitting on the counter in bags. The staff came out once to fill the milk, but then went back to sit at the Front Desk. Didn't replenish anything but the milk. Beds were very hard.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Well since I only live about 15 miles from there, the hotel was only booked because I wanted to partake in adult beverages at Port Washington Fish Day and not get on the road with alcohol in my system. No other reason. So the fact that the beds were ROCK hard and the air conditioning didn't work well in my room...well, I didn't sleep well. I paid the same amount for this room as I did for a beachfront room in St. Pete's Beach, FL....so when you compare it to that, not so good. When you compare it to an OWI, it was perfect. A little dated and whatever, and I wouldn't pick it as a destination, but for a place to sleep it was fine. I tried to cancel because I actually had a driver and they wouldn't let me cancel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Stellasgroove
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here one night after meeting family in Grafton. The two hotels in Grafton were booked so we stayed here.

The carpet is old and the decor is dated but if you just need a bed for the night it's fine. We didn't see any bugs like the other review and the staff were friendly and efficient.

Two pizza places deliver to the hotel, so that's a plus. No pool though, just a tiny hot tub and a sauna.

Free WiFi!

Room Tip: Buy online at priceline.com
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 9Key
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Bed bugs is bad enough but I thought the bed was hard as a rock and the service staff lazy.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank Prodriver4

Travelers are raving about these Saukville hotels

West Bend, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 18, 2010

They charged my credit card MULTIPLE TIMES, and the Manager refuses to acknowledge the mistakes. It happened to other people while I was staying there as well. One customer CHECKED OUT because of it, and they charged his credit card 3 times THREE DAYS in a row AFTER HE CHECKED OUT !!!! Stay away or pay cash if you HAVE TO stay there....

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank businessman55
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saukville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Washington
#1 of 1 in Cedarburg
AmericInn of West Bend
AmericInn of West Bend
#3 of 4 in West Bend

Been to Motel 6 Saukville? Share your experiences!