“Great gluten-free pizza!”

The Reel 'Em Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Restaurants in Sarona
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: New location in the heart of Shell Lake, WI! Quality, homemade food & BBQ that you'll love. Ice cream & food window is open for the season!
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were pleased and surprised that they served pizza on a gluten-free crust. Since my husband can't usually enjoy pizza because of his Celiac disease, we jumped on this opportunity. The pizza was excellent and a real treat!

duluthmiaomi, Owner at The Reel 'Em Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

I'm so happy your husband was able to enjoy pizza while visiting us! I'm currently in the process of finishing creation of our gluten free menu, so we can clearly convey to guests with speical dietary needs exactly what we have to offer them. Meanwhile, we do offer many gluten free items like pasta's, pizza's, burgers, salmon, shrimp, steaks and more! We also carry gluten free dinner rolls so every course is available.

I hope you choose to dine with us again and would request that you share the news that we offer gluten free items to your family and friends that are affected by gluten. We are striving to offer the best possible dining experince to those that are so very often restricted while dining out.

Thank you for the review and see you soon!
~Michelle Greener

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We ate at Greener's 2 yrs ago and just had to go back since we were in the area. Just like last time, our breakfast was one of the best we've ever had. I had the "Lakers Omlet" (meat lovers) with a pancake instead of toast. Because they use locally grown ingredients, the freshness and subtle tastes are extraordinary. The pancake was large, done to perfection and very tasty. My wife had "Apple Fritter French Toast" with a carmel glaze....it was ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING. The taste was unbeliveably wonderful and certainly did not need syrup due to the glaze. She also got a very large and thick piece of ham which was tender, moist and seasoned to perfection. We can't say enough good things about this restaurant as the food, service, atmosphere and view of the lake are all wonderful. In addition, the young couple who bought the place a couple years ago are doing a tremendous job and I hope the public continues to support them to make sure they make a go of it.

1  Thank 2011CamaroSS
duluthmiaomi, Owner at The Reel 'Em Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review! We really appreciate it, more than we can say. Hope to see you again soon and please contact me at Michelle@GreenersReelEmInn.com for a free drink for posting a review!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The restaurant has a great atmosphere and a nice view of the lake. The service was ok and the food was ok. Nothing really to complain about, but it also wasn't anything to write home about. I guess I had higher expectations after reading the other reviews and was let down a little. The prices were also a little higher than I expected.

1  Thank 16StephB

I am so very sorry that you didn't have an outstanding experience. We always strive to have excellent service and food and am dissapointed this didn't happen. If possible, we'd love to buy you dinner again to correct the experience. Please contact me at Michelle@GreenersReelEmInn.com, mention this review and I will get you a gift certificate. Thank you for your time. ~Michelle

Reviewed July 29, 2013

A little pricey and service was a bit slow, even though they weren't busy. The dinner was fine, friend had a pizza and it was very good. Ice cream shop next door for desert!!!

1  Thank Chris O

I'm sorry you didn't have a better experience while dining with us. Anything less than 5 stars is unacceptable to me and I'd like to invite you to dine with us again on the house. Please contact me at Michelle@GreenersReelEmInn.com and mention this review so I can fix this for you. Thank you, Michelle

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Good homemade cooking, great view, friendly staff...a hidden gem. Worth the drive in the country for a great meal with a great view of Long Lake. Northwoods decor in a historical building from the logging days, started out as a boarding house for loggers and is now a great restaurant. Family friendly yet great for large groups. Great selection on the menu, hard to make a choice, burgers, pasta, steaks, fish, salads, and homemade meatloaf with garlic mashed potatoes! Everyone at our table loved their food.

Thank you for your detailed and kind review! I'd love to send you a small token of appreciation to use during your next visit with us. Please contact me at Michelle@GreenersReelEmInn.com and mention this review.