The Lucerne Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Colony Motel(Brewer)
Stucco Lodge(Veazie)
View Hotel
All reviewsgas fireplaceheated towel rackbar harborbrunch on sundayloxdessert tablegreat countryromance packagenew ownerstourist seasonwhirlpool tubchain hotelovernight staybaked stuffed haddockacadia national parkfront desk personstayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 21, 2011

We actually live just a half hour away from the inn and over the years have stayed here many times for an easy and relaxing getaways, (family weddings, etc.) with great food. Our dinner was by far the best part, it was excellent.
We had the package that included accommadations and dinner. We had appetizers, (both very good) our waiter was from Jersey and we gave him a brief lesson in proper pronounciation of "Scallops". Matthew was a good sport and provided great service throughout our meal. He was very polite, attentive and personable. He even brought our desserts to our room after we finished dinner.
Our dinner was fabulous! My salmon was cooked perfectly, my husband's filet was cooked medium-well (no Pink, as requested) and he could cut it with his fork! He said it was the most tender filet he had ever had and the chef definately knows what he is doing.
The room looked the same as always and some of the furniture really should be replaced. The bed was very comfortable and the tub and fireplace (and the view) definately make up for the furnishings and the small room size.
The continetal breakfast was a little dissapointing. I've had better at 3 star hotel chains. Less options, but some hot ones probably would have been less expensive for the kitchen and would have been a HUGE improvement. Maybe something simple like, scabbled eggs, bacon and home fries with some fresh pastries and fresh fruit?? Raisin bran for breakfast was a bit of a let down after dinner the night before.
My biggest complaint is the price. Our package included (2) appetizers, (2) dinners $24 or less each, you pay the difference if entree is over that amount (both our dinners were) plus (2) desserts; we were quoted $220, plus tax and gratuity. Our bill with tax, tip, alcohol (2 cocktails, 2 beers) and $5 extra for the overage of our meals came to $297.00 PLUS $25.00 in the lounge for drinks before dinner. Pretty expensive for a night out for two.
They used to offer really inexpensive getaways generally in the winter months and this is the first time I can recall staying during the "tourist season" and probably (based on price) the last time. I'll keep an eye out for the winter specials for next time!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We have been staying here for over 10 years and love the place. The rooms are very comfortable and all rooms have fireplace and whirlpool tub and great view. The food on the other hand is not so good and has just declined over the years. After our recent stay I dont think we will return to eat. We had dinner on 2 nights and the brunch on Sunday and nothing was great or could even be described as good. Everything was just mediocre. To bad the food has gone down hill, we have always looked forward to our stays and now will probably not return.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CtHeidi
thelucerne, Owner at The Lucerne Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2011

I truly apologize for the unhappiness with your meals. We are working very hard to assure consistent quality food and service. Along with changing our menu to focus on a lighter fare with natural locally grown choices, we are implementing kitchen policies to better serve our valued guests. Thank you and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 21, 2011

I had originally heard about the Lucerne through a friend of mine that had stayed and had great things to say. Living in Boston, I was looking for a quiet weekend getaway for me and my girlfriend and I certainly wasn't disappointed. The staff was warm, friendly and welcoming! When we arrived we were greeted, checked in and found our way to our room. One of my favorite features was the gas fireplace (which the girl at the desk had told us all the rooms have) Our room was truly the quintessential Maine inn, perfect for a weekend away.

That night we visited the restaurant for dinner and the atmosphere was fantastic. Most of the tables were filled but our waiter, Jason, had no problems keeping up. He even took his time to answer our questions about the menu and our wine selection for the evening. I tried the duck and my girlfriend the salmon and both were fantastic. For a fine dining restaurant, the portions were hearty and you really get a lot for the price. What was really nice was the wood burning fireplace in the dining room which they were kind enough to seat us near. After dinner we went over to the lounge which is right next to the dining room. There as well, was a giant wood burning fireplace with two large couches, perfect for just relaxing with a glass (or two) of wine; a perfect way to end the evening.
All in all, it was a great, relaxing weekend and I certainly plan on returning in the very near future!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much! It was our pleasure to host you and your girlfriend.

Reviewed January 1, 2011

This was a great experience which will no doubt be repeated. The dining was wonderful and the atmoshere was above expectations. The owners were very friendly and made the stay even more enjoyable. Thank you Lucerne!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you. We love to interact with our guests.

Reviewed November 14, 2010

I stayed here with two adults for one night in November 2010. We were told we would have a room with 2 queen beds when I made the reservation and again when I checked in. In fact, the beds were not even doubles so it made for an uncomfortable night for the couple I was travelling with. The front desk staff seemed a little 'odd' both on check-in and check-out and the whole atmosphere was just not welcoming although we did have a very friendly waitress in the dining room when we went there for dinner. The food was okay but overpriced. We were kept awake from the noise from the adjoining rooms, but it is an old building so I guess that should be expected. The best thing about the Lucerne is the view and the gas fireplace in the room.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
thelucerne, Owner at The Lucerne Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2011

I apologize for the miss information that you received from our front desk staff. We have restructured the information sheets so that they are easier to understand for our staff. When you brought to our attention the noise in the adjoining room we thought that we had taken care of it for you but did not follow up with the issue a second time and should have. We hope you give us another try to do a better job for you.