“FANTASTIC PRIME RIB!!!”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was the best Prime Rib dinner I've eaten in my 67 yrs.(that takes in a lot of prime rib!!) Incomparable for portion, tenderness, flavor, temperature (served on a hot plate!!) and trimmed of excess fat so one gets a true 20oz of prime beef!! Chef, you REALLY know what you are doing!!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Okay, here's the straight scoop. My family and I wandered into Pub N' Prime for the first time in summer 2011, simply because it was open and we were there. While the ambience was somewhat bleh, the service was warm and friendly and their Prime Rib was simply the best I've ever had! I grew up in Chicago, lived in Manhatten, and have travelled throughout the United States. Prime Rib is my favorite cut of beef and something I have had at some of the best steak houses in the US scores of times. Not one place has served me a Prime Rib that comes even close to what you can get at Pub N' Prime! My kids talked about their steak at Pub N' Prime for an entire year after that experience. I tried to get the good folks at Pub N' Prime to give me their secrets of great a Prime Rib or at least ship me an entire Prime Rib roast. No Go... "Low and Slow" is all they will ever reveal to me. They say their chef knows how to pick out the good roasts. I don't know what they do. It's alchemy and magic! The next summer, 2012, we went to their place three times in the two weeks we were near St. Germain. It was Excellent every-single-time. Totally consistant delivery of the goods. Once again, my whole family has looked forward to more Pub N" Prime Prime Rib for the last 11 months. Really, we talk about it often - it is THAT GOOD! This summer we will get there at least three times more if not four! The rest of the meal is okay. The salad is boring. The appetizers are okay-ish. But that Prime Rib is simply the best there is, period.., the end.., roll the credits. Order the biggest cut they've got, because if you don't, you will be sorry. And don't even bother with your knife, you won't need it. It is THAT tender and melt in your mouth delicious. They don't take reservations and it is usually busy. That's because it is so good. And don't be put off if you have to wait for a table. Chill out. Order a few drinks from their outdoor Tiki Bar, chat with your kids or friends, and dream about the best steak you are about to eat EVER. IT'S WAY WORTH IT!!!

1  Thank James B
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We are from Chicago, and my father has been to almost every steakhouse at least once, and still claims up and down that you will never find a better prime rib anywhere.
On that note; the service has never been excellent, but always friendly. Last time we visited there was a lightbulb out directly above our table so we were eating in the dark.
I had the fish fry last time we were there and it was tasty, but a little greasy.
Get the prime rib.

1  Thank Drea331
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Even my four kids 16 and under love the different size cuts here. Med.Rare for kids is unusuall, but we all love it. Seating is likely immediate. It appears over crowded sometimes but its because so many people sit in the outside (enclosed) Tiki bar. Never referred a person here that was disappointed.

1  Thank biknrun
Reviewed April 8, 2013

When we go on vacation up north, we don't expect really great food because everything is so much more relaxed. we'd been to several places and, to tell the truth, Pub-N-Prime doesn't look like much. It's very dated, everything from the sixties/seventies at most. But the food!!! We went twice during our stay last year and plan on going at least twice this May.

Been to Pub N' Prime? Share your experiences!