“Bar with better than average pizza”

Knockers Bar & Deli
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We were a big group of pizza snobs and felt this is a worthwhile pizza restaurant. The sausage had a spice mix that would pass in any Chicago pizza shop. The vegetables were off by a little bit. We had to look hard to find the mushrooms, the olives were canned, the onions and green peppers cooked inconsistently. The sauce had a slightly acidic flavor from what I would say was being undercooked. Still for the Northwoods, as good as we have had.

The appetizers are heated prepackaged fare, what we expected from a bar. Again, nothing really to complain about.

The service was excellent. The beer selection was large. They can accommodate small and large groups. If we decide on pizza anywhere between Eagle River and Sayner, we'll be back to Knockers.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is a storefront restaurant in a small strip mall in Downtown St. Germain. This is the third restaurant in this spot over the past decade. Each reduced its menu size and variety in hopes of making a go of it. Knockers' menu consists primarily of pizza and sandwiches, which they do extremely well . I had an Italian Beef sandwich on a ciabata roll with a fine dipping sauce, much like a French dip sandwich. My wife had a nice fish sandwich, interestingly called the "Free Willy." It was neither free nor Willy, I hope.To be honest, the fish looked suspiciously similar to the fish in the fish fry everyone else was having the Friday night we visited. Service was attentive. Knockers is a nice alternative to the rather limited number of restaurants in this neck of the woods.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Heard the food was to die for, but it was just average. It was greasy and took forever for it to be ready. We would go again, but only if we had more time, and we probably wouldn't have the same thing.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We really like this place and the food is delicious, but our last visit cost over $85 for four pizzas. Yikes.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had lived in the north woods for several years but never made my way to Knockers old location. My family and I visited the northwoods and visited their new location. Great atmosphere, granted it was slow, but a blistery cold evening. The staff were super friendly and made us feel welcomed.

The pizza was the best I have ever had. I'll be back when we visit again. I would highly recommend visiting for pizza, sandwiches or just a great cocktail.