“Nice Brunch”

St. Francis Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
St. Francis Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: St. Francis Brewery & Restaurant has been serving heavenly food and sinfully good beer to the St. Francis and Milwaukee community since April 2009. As a locally owned business, our restaurant creates a warm, family-friendly dining experience. Our full menu offers something for everyone with several unique items made with our beer or hand-crafted soda. Brewmaster Scott Hettig creates traditional brews with new seasonal and cask conditioned beers to try each month. Beers on tap at the restaurant are brewed on site with the option to buy or refill half-gallon growlers of our beer or hand-crafted soda.
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I went here for brunch with my cousin on a Sunday morning around 10. The weather was beautiful so we st on the patio. We took advantage of the brunch for 10.95. They had a variety of foods to choose from: eggs, french toast with strawberry's, hashbrown, mash potatoes, beef tips, sausage, bacon, fresh fruit, various deserts, muffins and a large omelet bar. All the food was good-nothing spectacular, but good. The beef tips were very tender and you had a lot of choices of toppings with the omelet bar. My main complaint is that the bacon was not crispy at all. We each had bloody mary's which we decided were average. The coffee was good. The service was wonderful. We had a very attentive waitress and the manager came out to see how we liked our food. Overall, I would return here. It was very relaxing and we appreciated the great service at a reasonable price.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were quite pleased on arriving, found a selection of tasty beers. Whilst enjoying the same, one glass broke (likely cracked or chipped beforehand), and the staff did not seem interested in cleaning up the mess on the table. Poor response to the issue, total lack of interest in the customers. I'm guessing the holiday crew did not include their top employees.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Wonderful location, beautiful building and friendly service. But ...

The food was average. At times, mediocre. We found many of dishes poorly prepared. The service to the table was quick once the food was done, but it seemed like the kitchen was struggling with output.

Bangers and Mash. Yuck. The beer was warmer than the meat at time of table delivery, and the potatoes were gritty and cold. We added soft pretzels as an appetizer, but it was served with the entrée. Tasted like it was dipped in the Dead Sea. Food preparation was haphazard, not seasoned or over-seasoned or messy, and others at our table agreed that the food, in general, was out of tune and lacking.

Other reviewers are on point when recommending the cheese soup.

Sad to see a niche restaurant like this go down in flames to the chains. Applebee's is priced about the same, but at least serves better food.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Had dinner last night. Got the special - roast pork. It was loud in the restaurant and I couldn't hear all that came with it but when I heard mango salsa that sold me. Don't expect to get your dinners quickly. Got my pork special - pork was nothing special maybe even a bit dry. Looked for the mango salsa - oops somebody forgot to put some on the pork. Server asked if I still wanted some when I asked about it halfway thru my meal when I realized it wasn't there. No I said and the server said she would be sure to make sure it wasn't missed the next time. I liked the veggies the best.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Nice atmosphere, great staff (had one greeter a while back that we had issues with but none since then) and overall, food is good and priced reasonably. Would recommend to anyone in the Bay View Area!