“Favorite Place to Stay in Wausau”

Best Western Plus Wausau-Rothschild Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rothschild
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Favorite Place to Stay in Wausau”
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I stay at this hotel every time I visit Wausau. I am in a wheelchair & cannot stay at family's houses. The wheelchair accessible rooms here are perfect. They are large enough to maneuver around in the room & bathroom with the chair. If I stay for an extended amount of time, like over Thanksgiving or Christmas. It's great to have the mini kitchen available in case I get hungry and don't wanna go out.

I do have a problem with the hotel though. When you are coming through the enterance, there is a fairly large bump for the door way & is difficult to get through it in a wheelchair on my own. I have a manual chair, so maybe it wouldn't be so difficult if you have an automatic.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luchina_156

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 5, 2010

Stayed here for a short overnight stay. The rooms were nice and roomy and the beds were comfortable. There is a kitchenette in the room and a "market" in the lobby. I did not get much time to interact with the staff, but what I experienced was good.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Hudson
Reviewed August 7, 2009

Need a place to stay at the last minute. Found this on Tripadvisor and couldn't have been happier. Very clean, quiet and staff was very friendly. We also had a dog and the hotel was very pet friendly. We asked if we could check in an hour earlier than the regular check in time to get ready for a funeral, and the staff was very accomadating.

The only issue was that there was no breakfast of any kind. But the suite did have a full kitchen. I guess we have gotten spoiled by other chains.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
CandlewoodGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wausau-Rothschild Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2009
Thank you for your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites Hotel of Wausau-Rotshchild. I am very glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again!
Medford, WI
Reviewed April 7, 2009

This hotel was breathtaking for the price, only 79 dollars and the rooms were immaculate and HUGE. (a lot cheaper and nicer than the 150 to 220 dollar rooms in the Cedar Creek area) The beds were comfortable, each room has a large fridge, stove, full size sink, HD tv, free internet, large desk, this is a pearl in a bed of oysters for the area, and I have to say, I have stayed at hundreds of hotels and this one ultimately ranks in my top 3 for sure, like I said this is a hidden gem!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Hancock
Reviewed February 22, 2009

This place seemed brand new because it was so clean and well-kept--though I see on this site that it is not that new. Rooms were very pleasantly decorated, beds were the most comfortable I've experienced (even in high-end luxury hotels), and they had the quietest hotel room heaters I've ever (barely) heard! They now have a continental breakfast included in their reasonable price (new for the last month). Full kitchen in room with grocery store very close by. Price very reasonable for the quality of the room.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Dublin, OH
Reviewed June 30, 2008

This is the first Candlewood Suites hotel I have ever stayed in. I stayed because I was in town on business. Their staff is out of this world. The room I stayed in had a kitchen with a full size fridge, stove and even dishes. I will stay there everytime I go there. I reccomend it for the business travler who like to be taken care of. The staff go out of their way to make you feel at home. Kudos to the people who hired them and great job to the staff for taking care of me while i was there.

• Liked — The comfortable bed
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Freeman, South Dakota
Reviewed April 26, 2008

This is the first extended stay hotel we have stayed at that does not offer the emeties other hotels do. They have no continental breakfast, instead you have to buy your food from a mini store they have for jacked-up prices. The maid only comes in once a week to clean your room. We have little ones so the dirty diapes piling up in the trash make it pretty gross. They dont have a pool, not a huge issue but it would be nice.

• Liked — Had a room with a separate bedroom
  • Disliked — no breakfast
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rothschild
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau
Grand Lodge Waterpark Resort
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wausau-Rothschild
Days Inn & Suites Wausau
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wausau
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#6 of 6 in Rothschild

Been to Best Western Plus Wausau-Rothschild Hotel? Share your experiences!