Best Western Plus Wausau-Rothschild Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Motel 6 Rothschild(Rothschild)
Econo Lodge(Rothschild)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchengreat hotelseparate bedroomsized refrigeratorkitchen sinkburner stoveother hotels in the areanice kitchenetteexcellent experiencewafflesexcellent breakfastcomfortable bedfamily triprooms were very cleanfree breakfastpleasant surpriseking suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2009

This place seemed brand new because it was so clean and well-kept--though I see on this site that it is not that new. Rooms were very pleasantly decorated, beds were the most comfortable I've experienced (even in high-end luxury hotels), and they had the quietest hotel room heaters I've ever (barely) heard! They now have a continental breakfast included in their reasonable price (new for the last month). Full kitchen in room with grocery store very close by. Price very reasonable for the quality of the room.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2008

This is the first Candlewood Suites hotel I have ever stayed in. I stayed because I was in town on business. Their staff is out of this world. The room I stayed in had a kitchen with a full size fridge, stove and even dishes. I will stay there everytime I go there. I reccomend it for the business travler who like to be taken care of. The staff go out of their way to make you feel at home. Kudos to the people who hired them and great job to the staff for taking care of me while i was there.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2008

This is the first extended stay hotel we have stayed at that does not offer the emeties other hotels do. They have no continental breakfast, instead you have to buy your food from a mini store they have for jacked-up prices. The maid only comes in once a week to clean your room. We have little ones so the dirty diapes piling up in the trash make it pretty gross. They dont have a pool, not a huge issue but it would be nice.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2007

It's a new hotel which is well kept and ultra clean. The staff is great. They have a fitness room, on-site laundry and a small business center. It's a great place for any length of stay and extended visits will get a discounted rate.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank 111709c
Reviewed August 18, 2007

Everything was perfect for my stay at this brand new hotel. The place still smelled new, and I think it has only been open for a month or two.

Everything was well above average.

The front desk clerk was very pleasant and friendly. He suggested I hurry out to the gazebo in the back of the hotel for a free dinner (which they do every Wednesday night). He also asked if I needed any directions, and made me feel welcome. (I told him I would mention him in my review. If you read this, "Hi!")

The room was new, but it was still perfectly clean.

There was even a large LCD tv in the room. It was nice to see my programs in high definition. The new bedding was great.

They had nice landscaping, including a little pond. A grocery store was about 2 blocks away.

If you do stay here, keep in mind that this is an extended stay hotel, so there is no daily room service and there is not a pool or restaurant. The rooms are like little apartments.

The Candlewoods are built for frequent or extended stay travelers, who want to grocery shop and cook their own healthy food, and not have people in their room when they are away.

I have stayed at Candlewoods in perhaps 15 different cities (and stay more than 100 nights each year in hotels) and this is one of the most pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business