All reviews stoney creek pool area waffles have stayed here several times log cabin rustic decor great place to stay biscuits and gravy pleasant staff hot breakfast bed was very comfortable wedding reception nice restaurant checking out stay at this hotel again nice stay planet fitness
Reviewed January 29, 2011

It was a very good hotel. It seem clean and the staff was very friendly. We had no real issues. It was quiet and comfortable.
Now I will nit-pick on why it can't get 5 stars in my book:
We got a good discounted rate but I think I would have felt oversold if I would have paid the regular asking price.
The shower needs updating. The showerhead was very weak.
The location is right by some sort of power plant; it takes away from the feel of the Wisconsin vacation.... but most of the hotels are bunched together here so you probably can't avoid that easily.
Breakfast was not very good. The eggs were inedible.

Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2010

My friends and I stayed at Stoney Creek Wausau in June unexpectedly when bad weather made us stop earlier than we had planned. The front desk staff was very courteous and accomodating. We were given a double room and a single room across the hall from each other. In spite of the fact that the hotel was almost full, it was very quiet. Our rooms were clean and comfortable and the breakfast the next morning was good. I have stayed at several Stoney Creek properties (in Quincy, Des Moines, and Galena) and all of them provide comfortable, affordable lodging.

Date of stay: June 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We stayed at Stone Creek Inn for two nights. It was very quiet, and the beds were nice. The pool area is very dark at night. The continental breakfast area was not very clean- the counters weren't cleared off- and the food wasn't in logical places. The bagels were on one side of the room, while cream cheese was on another. It appeared that a cleaning lady would come by every once in a while to restock, but not clean.

Date of stay: August 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
ConcernFixer, Director of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2011

Dear Traveling, I thank you for your positive comments as well as sharing your annoyances. Just so you know, we are reassesing our entire breakfast program with emphasis not just on the food choices, but the layout and logic of our presentations. I will share your concerns regarding improving our speed in keeping it cleaned up as well as the ligting concerns you expressed in the pool area with our General Manager. We hope to see you visit us again soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2010

My son and I spent one night here on our way to Green Bay and absolutely loved the Stoney Creek Inn.

We had a deluxe room with a microwave and fridge for a great rate.

Beds were very comfortable - really nice pillows.

The hotel is three stories - the lobby was warm and inviting with a fireplace and a rustic look to it. There was a small elevator lobby with a few couches on the third floor.

The bathroom drove home the Northwoods theme with the shower curtain, soap dish and wall hangings. One minor complaint was the relatively small amount of counter space in the bathroom.

The night stand had only an easy to operate clock radio - not one of the high tech clocks in many hotels that are diffiuclt to operate. The remote control for the TV was a regular remote - not one of the typical hotel remotes with various pay options.

Clean, comfortable and safe - would love to come back here sometime.

Date of stay: July 2010
Reviewed March 3, 2010

loved the Stoney Creek Inn. It's contemporary rustic. The room was great, extended King with bunks. Very roomy and comfy! The staff was great, the place was clean and quiet. Nice larger sized pool and seating. Would definitely go there again.

Date of stay: February 2010