Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau
Good 3.5/5
Motel 6 Rothschild(Rothschild)
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsstoney creeknorthwoods decorhot tubwaffleshave stayed here several timesgreat poolshower headbunk bedsminor complaintstevens pointbiscuits and gravylodge feelstandard roomwedding receptionnice staychecking outski trip to granite peak
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2009

My husband and I wanted to get away and chose Stoney Creek Inn from the description and pictures on the internet. I'm glad we did. We stayed in a themed suite and the room was gorgeous. Everything was immaculate and well stocked. The continental breakfast was excellent with many options, rolls, muffins, bagels, french toast and waffles for reheating, biscuits and gravy with juices, milk and coffee. Also coffee is available 24/7. The staff was always courteous and someone was always around to help. If we get out to this area again, we already know we will stay here.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2008

We were pleasantly surprised by this quaint little inn. The northwoods decor was very homey. We stayed the Monday-Wednesday before Christmas and were surprised to have the place almost all to ourselves. The pool area is incredible. We were so pleased to be able to sit by a fire after coming out of the pool and hottub.

We had a "bunk" room, which consisted of a double bed and a set of bunk beds for our teenagers. While the room was not the largest we had ever stayed in, it was definitely not cramped. The double bed was extremely comfortable and the kids said their beds were comfy too. We would have liked to have had a shower with a little more oomph, but other than that, we had no complaints about our room.

The staff was very accomodating. We appreciated the "manager's special" on Tuesday night (2 free drinks and all the munchies you could want) - even though we came in too late that night, he still gave us one free drink. The continental breakfast was adequate - enough choices to give everyone a chance to find something to their liking. We would have liked to see a few more choices, but hey, it was included in the price of the room, so who can complain?

All in all, we will definitely find another chance to stay at another Stoney Creek in our future travels...especially if we are ever in the Wausau area to ski again!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2008

On my past visits to Wausau, I have always stayed at a Hampton Inn, but was booked at the Stoney Creek Inn this time. I was very pleased with my stay. It is decorated in that Northwoods decor. The room was basic.....along the lines of a Hampton Inn/Holiday Inn Express level.

The pool area looked very nice. Usually I use the gym at a hotel, but I did not have the change to check this one out. Instead I took advantage of a nice walking/biking trail that runs behind the hotel. Obviously won't be of much use on my next visit in the middle of winter, but during the warmer months, that was a nice surprise.

There are a few restaurants along with a grocery store and strip mall all within walking distance. I ate at the restaurant located in the hotel next door and was quite pleased with my meal.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2008

We were extremely pleased with this Stoney Creek Inn! We called the day of arrival to book a room. We got a very good price so decided to stay. The place was super. I'm not a Northwoods lover and this place is totally done that way- BUT I loved it! Was so warm and inviting! The room we were put in first had a noisy air conditioner. We asked to be moved. It was no problem. We had a great room. I went to check out the pool and wow- is that cool! First pool I've seen with a t.v. and fireplace in the pool room. I hadn't planned to swim the next day but chose to because it was just so neat. Rooms were very clean and decorated very tastefully in Northwoods. Upon returning home, I saw 2 room changes for our 1 night stay. I called and talked to a very nice gal. I figure mistakes can happen to any of us. But it did end up being just a common transaction and was explained by my credit card comp. It was taken off before I even called the CC company. I figured since it was resolved I wouldn't even call the Stoney Creek back but Sami from the hotel called me back to make sure it was all taken care of. Wow! I was impressed with that. We'll definately try another Stoney Creek in the future. We've already told many others about it.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2008

Very nice hotel with personality. It is set up like a hunting and fishing lodge. Log cabin style. Food is nearby. The hotel bar is great and continental breakfast is provided. The workout room is the only problem. It is a janitor's closet with two treadmills and an universal machine. The Pool area is great. All around a good hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business